DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-22-2013, 10:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light
Question this would work right?. 6x9's on switches for different locations?

So my plan is to put these double toggle switches in line for my 6x9s so i can either have them behind my seats, off(never going to use but its in the switch) or at OTHER wires in my bed, (ill take the 6x9s out out put them in my bed). This way these wires wont be hot, and hitting stuff.

this way I can move my locations of my boxes for tailgating and get it all pointed at the bed of the truck.

Will this work? 1 switch per speaker, one side gets the negative, one side gets the positive?

Switch

This is a terrible diagram, but hopefully you'll get the idea. The empty wires will be in the bed, the 6x9s are behind the seat.

This is how they are/will be directed, this might help get my point across.
BLUE-front 6x9s(not questioned in this thread)
RED-where the 6x9s are currently facing
BROWN- where my subs are facing
GREEN- where the 6x9s will be facing when located in the bed

So last clarification. I can listen to music with the 6x9s in the cab with the switch at the UP position. Show up somewhere where I can put them in the bed. Put switch in OFF position, remove the wires from the box. place boxes in bed. Hook up wires. Place switch in the DOWN position and then have them in the bed.

Now the excess wires wont be hot and in harms way.

EDIT-- just to be clear, the wire WILL be actual speaker wire, not red and black wire.
plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs
Sponsored links
Old 09-22-2013, 11:07 PM

Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

************************just noticed that in the first diagram, I have the Up and Down backwards from each other. They SHOULD be at the same spots.

THIS is how they should be

Green Interior LEDs

Last edited by Thebestestdrummer; 09-22-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:58 AM

.....bummppp.....
Green Interior LEDs
Old 09-29-2013, 03:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Cherry Red
Rep:54
Planert360 will become famous soon enough

In theory it could/should work, I mean sound carried through the wire is only an electrical current, however Id be curious if you would lose any sound quality going through the switch. Only way Id think is to test it out, if no loss in SQ, Id say go for it.

i did something similar to this when I went to the out door drive in movies, how ever I didnt use a switch, just some insulated quick connects. get to the movies and pull out the boxes, grab some wire and unplug the truck speakers, plug in the bed speakers and it was done. I just ran all the speaker wire into the glove box where I have the insulated connections. was easy to switch back and forth and amazed some people in the simplicity of it.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planert360 View Post
In theory it could/should work, I mean sound carried through the wire is only an electrical current, however Id be curious if you would lose any sound quality going through the switch. Only way Id think is to test it out, if no loss in SQ, Id say go for it.

i did something similar to this when I went to the out door drive in movies, how ever I didnt use a switch, just some insulated quick connects. get to the movies and pull out the boxes, grab some wire and unplug the truck speakers, plug in the bed speakers and it was done. I just ran all the speaker wire into the glove box where I have the insulated connections. was easy to switch back and forth and amazed some people in the simplicity of it.
Thats basically my goal. Hopefully the switches will make it look extremely clean.

And yeah, the only thing that I could think of not working with is the sound quality.
Green Interior LEDs