DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-14-2013, 09:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge RAM 1500 SPORT
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Orange
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
KalMana is on a distinguished road
Default Lifting questions

I hope this is posted at the right place in the forum

Id like to ask you about rising my -09 ram 1500 4x4

How much can I raise it without having to make any big changes like breakefluid hoses and stuff like that?

And what do you think about suspension spacers.
Do or dont?

If you guys have a link to a good product you want to recomend. Please post the link for me.

Cheers
/KalMana
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2013, 10:55 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

There are tons of threads on this subject already, however here ya go

The largest amount of lift on a 4th gen truck before having to get longer break lines is 11" total, that is via a 6" suspension lift, 2.8" bilsteins adjustable struts, and a 3" body lift (yes I know the math there does not equal 11 however the struts will settle a bit and the 6" lifts are generally about 5.25-5.75" not 6"). Going this route you will most certainly want to run some kind of a rear coil spacer generally .75"-1.5" will do the trick depending on how much rake you want.

As far as lifts are concerned if you are budget minded you are going to want to go with Rough Country they can be found here http://bullysperformance.com/2009-20...nsion-149.html

If you are not budget minded and would prefer a top of the line kit you can check out BDS http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma...3&yr=2009-2011 (if you went w/ their coil over system you would not be able to use an adjustable strut) with that said also don't pay any attention to those prices they are way to high if you reach out to us we can get you hooked up at a lot better price.

For the bilsteins you can read about those here http://bullysperformance.com/bilstei...-1500-307.html

for the body lift you can check it out here http://bullysperformance.com/2009-20...-lift-573.html

If you get the body lift you are for sure going to want the gap gaurds those can be found here http://bullysperformance.com/gap-gau...0-4wd-572.html.

If you plan on running factory tires with your suspension lift you are going to also need 1/4" wheel spacers http://bullysperformance.com/wheel-s...ttern-145.html they come in a pair so you would need 2 pairs.

hope this helps.

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 09-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge RAM 1500 SPORT
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Orange
KalMana is on a distinguished road

Thank you alot for all the info.

I dont think that I would go for the full 6" kit.
Im most of the time will use the car on road.
But Im thinking mabe 3-4"
I just bought new 17" wheels with 33" tires. And that is basically the same hight as the original 275/60-20.

U think its good enough with spacers for the ridequality?
Old 09-25-2013, 07:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: 1500 Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
devout3ebfan is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I'm definitely no expert on lifts but I'm going to tell you exactly what I want, and hopefully you can point me in the right direction. Reply when you have time, I greatly appreciate the input...

So, I have an 05 Ram 1500 Laramie 4WD (its a quad cab with a 5.7L HEMI if that helps too). I'm considering a lift sometime in the not so distant future. Right now, as it sits, the truck is at stock height. I have 20" helo wheels and 35" nitto terra grapplers.

I am thinking to do an 8" lift (possibly even 10" although that might be too big, I'm not sure) with 22x11 fuel hostage wheels and 37x13.5x22 nitto mud grapplers. Which brand lift kit would you recommend and which would I be able to get 8"-10"? Most of the kits I see being sold are 6". Do you think I would have any issues with clearing the fenders because the tires are pretty wide and have some offset too? I also want to make sure the front is leveled with the back, if not a little bit higher. I'm guessing you can adjust the bilsteins to add a few extra inches, how does that work?

To help you visualize this better, this guy's truck in the youtube video link below is pretty much the look/stance/size I had in mind. Any other considerations, suggestions?

Best Regards,
Carson Schalk

P.S. Feel free to email me if you would prefer that. I'm pretty new to the whole forum business and I am hardly on here. Thanks.

carsonschalk@gmail.com