DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTRAMRT View Post
My castor and camber is out still after lowering my rt. do you have a link or can you tell me where to get those upper adjustable control arms. I want a straight wheel lol
Did you get an alignment after you lowered your truck? It won't be dialed in right once you bring the truck back down. If you did they (the shop) did something wrong, my wheels are straight but I have a little negative camber up front

Last edited by InDeepWaterBlue; 09-22-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram RT
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Black
Rep:34
FASTRAMRT is on a distinguished road

I got a tire shop to do the alignment. But it still came out negative for castor and camber. The truck drives straight but seems like the tires tuck in a bit still towards the top. I just want to figure it out. The belltech 2/4 ha been giving me nothing but problems. Sits sweet though:/ sad panda lol any ideas???
Old 09-22-2013, 05:43 PM

I tried uploading the pic of the alignment but I don't know how.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:55 PM

InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTRAMRT View Post
I tried uploading the pic of the alignment but I don't know how.
I have the Belltech as well, what problems are you having? I went to the dealership and they 0'd it in but I asked for a degree of negative camber to be put in. As for caster, that's just weird I've never heard of anyone having issues with that... and sorry to the OP for the minor thread jack here
Old 09-22-2013, 06:53 PM

Never even realized the thread takeover lol but it's just the alignment that's really bothering me the front wheels stick more in towards the tops. I haven't done the rear panhard relocate kit yet. They are sending me one so that will fix the back end that's a little uneven side to side and my end link bolts were to short. The only other problem is when I put load on the truck quickly it makes a weird noise. End links I hope.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:03 PM

Might just be the springs getting seated, check the shocks to make sure the top bolts are tightened properly. Mine made a squeak because of that until I tightened down the bolt where it needed to, that was my fault, I didn't have a wrench that could get back there and hold onto the bolt. Also the squeak my be a result of when your axle is shifting because you don't have that relocation bracket as well. I have the adjustable pan-hard bar so it stays nice and centered unloaded and drops properly when weight is in the bed. An alignment at your dealership can fix the negative camber you're talking about though. I'm surprised you got bad end link bolts. Belltech is a very reputable company but they seem to be making a lot of mistakes with these Rams, and considering they're owned by KW Suspensions who does great set-ups for Euro cars like VW and BMW it surprises me how much they've let the ball drop on this so to speak.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 R/T
Rep:120
ironchef2011 will become famous soon enoughironchef2011 will become famous soon enough

Thread jack indeed! LOL

In my opinion, our Rams are very difficult to align once the front gets dropped. So for me, if I was going to do it, I wanted adjustability. This is why I had Mike at L&M create the adjustable upper control arms for me as well as the adjustable panhard bar. Lastly, the adjustable coilovers were chosen to let us dial in via corner weighting. Now, have you ever seen the stock shock from the front of our Rams? It literally offers around four inches of shock travel before the bump stop. So if you lower via springs, you will lose 50% of your travel and this your ride.

All that being said, and if it were me, I'd remove the Belltech kit and sell it. Then I'd buy the MCG front drop spindles only and the adjustable control arms and panhard bar from L&M. You can then choose whatever rear drop spring you like, I prefer Ground Force. With this, you would have complete adjustability and absolutely zero noise.

If you like, I can help you out with Mike at L&M since I have a spare pair of factory control arms, the entire MCG rear drop kit and a Ground Force rear spring/shock kit. This would save you some money and help me clear out my garage!
Old 09-23-2013, 11:38 AM

Well a thread jack wasn't intended lol... Sorry haha and IDWB thanks for the advice, belltech has been a night mare for me which is a let down because I have always referred to them. And I know exactly what you mean by that rear shock bolt, it was a real mother trucker to get at. I think mine are tight but I'll check and get my arse on that panhard bar ASAP. And Ironchef I.just seen your awesome sway bar set up and suspension. Then it rattled me to think about mine on my 12 RT. Your truck is set up intensely awesome. I would love to have a similar set up on mine forsure. But I don't know where to get that stuff fabricated or bought. Your help and advice makes it easier. Thanks a lot, and yeah if you could help me out with them parts that would be wicked. Shoot me an email, aftertouch98@hotmail.com
Old 09-23-2013, 12:33 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

I have belltech on my 11 r/t and have 0 probs even cut the springs to make it lower and as far as my alignment its spot on the guys at butler tire are pros drives straight and steering wheel is straight and rides better then stock i have the spohn panhard bar and love it but think im going to be getting a tranny from l&m

As far as the shock bolt lol its easy just cut an open end wrench and that solves the problems

Last edited by dodgert; 09-23-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:58 PM

Who is l&m? I can't find there contact info anywhere on the web. And I'm still rocking the factory panhard bar with no relocation bracket. This could be what is causing some of my headache. And also it has a severe death wobble a 170kmh<--- panhard bar maybe??