DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:43
AlbertaRAM92 is on a distinguished road

I love your truck! Well done. The tires/rims and shifter I think are my favourite. Nitto trail grapplers are what i'm going for next, I'm assuming 35s are the biggest that will fit? With the bilstein anyways.

Looks awesome!
Old 09-13-2013, 09:59 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1531
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaRAM92 View Post
I love your truck! Well done. The tires/rims and shifter I think are my favourite. Nitto trail grapplers are what i'm going for next, I'm assuming 35s are the biggest that will fit? With the bilstein anyways.

Looks awesome!
Thanks! You are correct 35s are the biggest that will fit with the Bilstein adjustable shocks.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 09-13-2013, 10:02 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Those wheels and tires look great on your truck man! Love the look of everything you've done so far. As you said the tires are a little on the small side but once they wear out you can step up to some 35's and that will look even better!

Thanks! Your help was appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRamJet View Post
Wheels are looking awesome, Dood!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarn View Post
Looks awesome!!
Thanks!
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 09-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: TANK
Color: Gloss Black Bedliner
Rep:159
aparini has a spectacular aura aboutaparini has a spectacular aura about

very nice very nice

Old 09-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vararam Update

Today while trying to figure out the hose size for a catch can I noticed a few things. In my original Vararam mod post I said I didn't need to move anything. Well, I was wrong. I saw a harness (Pic 1 here and Step 5 in the Air Grabber Install Instructions) tucked up against the front wing resting on the radiator. Obviously, the amount of air this disrupts isn't critical since my truck hasn't shown any signs of air depletion. However, just by it's location it does disrupt some air so I tucked it underneath the front wing. I did need to disconnect the hood sensor (Pic 2) to wrap it around the other way since it is on this harness.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Final Results:

The second thing I noticed was the wear pattern from the Air Grabber on the hood insulation. Is this normal wear and tear?

Last edited by DarthRam; 09-23-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 CC
Rep:48
C17LoadMaster is on a distinguished road

Nice ride dude.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C17LoadMaster View Post
Nice ride dude.
Thank you kind sir!
Old 09-23-2013, 06:00 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

I put in the cabin filter mod today. No pics because it has been done to death. I do have some thoughts however...

First, Ram really, really, really didn't want this done. I say that for a few reasons. This could have been done at the factory but it wasn't. The filter slot is offset so putting the filter in is a little tricky. Not to mention the actual cut itself.

Second: I have seen on this site that a few people have had to tape the door on because it didn't fit. I wan't one of them. I did notice the door has two prongs at the bottom. If you don't cut the slot these line up with pretty much dead on they will not slide in correctly causing the door to push back. This may have been the issue for some of the door problems.

Third: I used a Dremel with the cutting bit. It made one hell of a mess. However, I am right handed and trying to get a knife in the slot to cut the hole out wasn't going to work much better since I wouldn't be able to see much.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:24 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Good job, Dave!
Old 09-26-2013, 03:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: True Blue
Rep:61
Raz6200 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRam View Post
I finally took the plunge and dipped my badges. Oh, and I don't want to hear any crap about using shooting targets for the masking/over spray. They were defective anyway. They had some kind of bullet repellent sprayed on them. Unevenly too. It seemed to be heavier towards the middle.

Anyway, I sprayed the grill RAM and the tailgate RAM as well as the two HEMI badges. I took off the door badges as well as the 4x4 tailgate badge. I couldn't bring myself to take off the HEMI badges because HEMI means kickass!

I masked off the red 5.7 liter lettering because I liked the red/black contrast.

A few tips:

- Take your time. Mask well, spray well. It will make things easier.
- Have a small disposable paint brush on hand. I used paper towels but the brush would have made things easier.
- Start pulling masking tape CAREFULLY about 5 minutes after the last coat. This will make the de-masking an easier process. This will also pull up the edges of the Plasti Dip and will make final Plasti Dip removal easier.

Now, I didn't do some of the above steps because I always try to get shit done quickly. This is where the brush comes in. I masked the 5.7 liter lettering as I said above BUT I didn't realize the Plasti Dip wouldn't rip clean on the tape edge since it was completely covered. I scored it with a razor blade but I had some of the chrome get exposed.

Take a scrap piece of the masking paper. Spray the Plasti Dip in a large dot for a couple of seconds. Take the brush, dip it in the Plasti Dip and carefully "paint" the exposed chrome. You will need to do this in layers just like the original process. I did this right away so the Plasti Dip on the badge still wasn't 100% dry. Feather and/or blend the new stuff with the old. This may seem a little OCD but I hated the chrome showing through. To avoid this step: TAKE YOUR TIME.

Pics because it DID HAPPEN:

Tailgate:

The after:

The angle and light make the badges look grey but they are black. I also debadged a little:

The badges all look awesome! Was it hard to do? And more importantly what color Black is it that you bought and used?