DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-03-2013, 01:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Hemitron is on a distinguished road
Default Need help with a lift

Hey
I have a 2010 Dodge ram 1500 Laramie.

I am looking on purchasing Fox 2.0 shocks to start off with to level out my truck. I have no interest on Bilsteins or anything else. Then next year I will probably get 22x9 Fuel Hostages with some 35" Nitto Trail or Terra Grapplers.

But my questions comes to, Eventually I'm going to want to add a 4" lift on my truck. What kind of lifts are out there that will allow me to keep those fox shocks both front AND back, and keep my ride level? I have a buddy on my frac crew that knows how to install lifts and has alot of prior experience, and another buddy with all the tools needed.

Also, Would it be wise to purchase a steering stabilizer before the lift when I add the 35's with the 22's?

Thanks alot
Old 09-03-2013, 01:55 AM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1969
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

You should be able to keep the Fox 2.0 shocks on the front with any lift kit that uses a strut spacer. You will not be able to keep them on the back once you lift... You will need longer shocks.

As far as I know steering stabilizers don't make a different on 1500's with IFS. They are meant for 2500 and 3500's with solid front axles. I don't see why you would even need one on a 1500 with only 35's.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 09-03-2013, 02:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Hemitron is on a distinguished road

Dont want any death wobble lol, but if its not necessary then fine. Any suggestions on lifts and maybe some links? Also, I really can't keep em on the back? Doesn't the BDS ones use fox in the rear?
Old 09-03-2013, 02:08 AM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1969
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

You can put fox ones back on, but they will need to be longer ones.... Every company makes shocks in a variety of different lengths for different applications. The ones in the BDS kit would be longer than the ones for a stock height Ram.

Death wobble is essentially non existent on a 1500 truck as they have IFS. Death wobble happens on solid axle front ends in 2500 and 3500's.

There's lots of 4" kits you could go with. It depends on how much you want to spend. I would stay away from RCX as I don't like their 4" kit since it uses coil spacers in the rear. The Zone kit is a better budget kit IMO because it comes with new rear springs. Then obviously there's BDS, ProComp, Skyjacker. Tons of brands. If you want pricing on BDS or Zone email Bully's Performance at sales@bullysperformance.com. Be sure to mention that you're a forum member and they'll hook you up with the best pricing available.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's