DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-25-2013, 12:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Wiccid is on a distinguished road

I just bought my 11 Laramie on Friday and today I used my iPhone to play music and it was speeding up at odd intervals. Is this something the update you're posting about can fix? I love the sound on the unconnect but this sucks!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Crew Sport
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: Silver
EdmontonRam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
Not to worry, you're not being annoying. I've just been extremely busy with work and moving lately. As for the SW updates, I'm pretty sure that I have something for the radio but the Uconnect SW hasn't changed. The same SW that you have is still being used in the current vehicle builds. If I remember correctly, there was a TSB issued by Chrysler for camera related issues. I'm not sure why suddenly you're seeing the VES tab. Let me look into this for you and get back about it, ok. Thanks
Just wanted to post an update on the file I received from xsdbs, I updated the radio on the way to work this morning. From my 10min initial parking lot test, so far so good. The mystery VES tab is no longer accessible and the few times I used the backup camera this morning show no issues with picture quality or it getting stuck in black and white.

On a side note about the file I received, I had trouble burning the ISO image file I received. It would not burn in Nero or Iso Burn, I had luck using ImgBurn though so if anyone has trouble I suggest you give that a try.

Thank you xsdbs, it appears you have fixed the issues that my dealer could not, and was not willing to diagnose for me.

Have a great week guys.
Thanks again.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiccid View Post
I just bought my 11 Laramie on Friday and today I used my iPhone to play music and it was speeding up at odd intervals. Is this something the update you're posting about can fix? I love the sound on the unconnect but this sucks!

@ wiccid,
Actually I have 2 updates available for the 2011 and both do something different but you'll want to do them both in the order that I have listed them in the link below:
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....connect+update

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmontonRam View Post
Just wanted to post an update on the file I received from xsdbs, I updated the radio on the way to work this morning. From my 10min initial parking lot test, so far so good. The mystery VES tab is no longer accessible and the few times I used the backup camera this morning show no issues with picture quality or it getting stuck in black and white.

On a side note about the file I received, I had trouble burning the ISO image file I received. It would not burn in Nero or Iso Burn, I had luck using ImgBurn though so if anyone has trouble I suggest you give that a try.

Thank you xsdbs, it appears you have fixed the issues that my dealer could not, and was not willing to diagnose for me.

Have a great week guys.
Thanks again.

@ EdmontonRam,
I'm glad that file was able to help you out. I don't have that one listed as a public file so I hope that others don't think that it's this particular file in this thread.
I may look into that issue that you had burning it, I had a member from another forum that showed me how to host files that I have to make it easier for people to get. I sent him the files and he created the version that I put onto my mediafire account and he was the only other person to use it till I gave the link to you. Seems quite odd that the dealer wouldn't take care of it or help you out at all. But I'm glad that I could assist you again.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
cbaksa is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone.... Does anyone know where I can download the latest Software for the RHB radio in my 2011 Ram? I found the 33.01.23 software update. But I keep seeing reference to a 43.xx.xx ver. Is it real? I'd love a link to an ISO image.

I just bought a uconnect module, harness and mic and installed it last week. And strangely, there was already a uconnect module on the wall behind the glove box (same part number and also had a SW version). But it did not work at all. I installed the wiring harness and the new module and its working (sorta) with the 33.01.23 update and the 1st uconnect update. I have to apply the second update yet.

I thought there was supposed to be an activation of some type, but it worked right away. Very odd.

My steering wheel does not have the uconnect buttons in it. I've seen some pics of steering wheels with up/down and uconnect buttons in the cluster. Can that be changed out? Are the necessary wires and connections there? is it a simple process? Has anyone done it and possibly have a part number?

Thanks all!

Chris
Old 07-29-2013, 10:55 AM

The radio SW version won't cause any negative effects on the Uconnect system. It's only for the radio. What is the version of the Uconnect module itself & PN?
1) What do you mean by "it works sorta"?
2) What issues are you having?
3) If the vehicle never had Uconnect installed, then you would have to have the TPIM flashed for sales code "RSP" in order for it to power up and work.
4) You should be able to just add the SWC switches to the steering wheel. The data is sent across the CAN BUS lines which are already there for the other switch functions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaksa View Post
Hello everyone.... Does anyone know where I can download the latest Software for the RHB radio in my 2011 Ram? I found the 33.01.23 software update. But I keep seeing reference to a 43.xx.xx ver. Is it real? I'd love a link to an ISO image.

I just bought a uconnect module, harness and mic and installed it last week. And strangely, there was already a uconnect module on the wall behind the glove box (same part number and also had a SW version). But it did not work at all. I installed the wiring harness and the new module and its working (sorta) with the 33.01.23 update and the 1st uconnect update. I have to apply the second update yet.

I thought there was supposed to be an activation of some type, but it worked right away. Very odd.

My steering wheel does not have the uconnect buttons in it. I've seen some pics of steering wheels with up/down and uconnect buttons in the cluster. Can that be changed out? Are the necessary wires and connections there? is it a simple process? Has anyone done it and possibly have a part number?

Thanks all!

Chris
Old 07-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

XSDBS... Thanks for the reply.

I purchased the "Mopar Factory OEM Uconnect Phone, Bluetooth Wireless Hands-Free, iPod Integration Kit - Part # 82212159" off eBay. My radio is the RHB and the truck has the Alpine Sound System.

I actually took a pic of what was there and what I bought. Left is the new module... the right is that is bolted to the wall. Sorry for the large image. You can see they are the same.

So the module on the right is bolted in from behind the fender and I can't remove the bolts. So I just used double sided tape and stuck the new one to the one that was there. I did not expect it to work. As you said. the TPIM needs to be flashed. But when I plugged it in using the new harness... it worked. I then tried the harness with the original module and it did not work. So I'm baffled. Even stranger is that the original module was completely connected. The USB and the large DIN plug was part of the original truck wiring harness. I can only assume there was no mic. I could not find one in the truck. I simply unplugged the origional connector and let it dangle. then i moved the USB connector over and plugged in the new mic I bought.

My iphone Iphone 4 not 4s) does not work well. It stutters and does not manage well from the radio. Plays the wrong songs, lags. It shows up on the AUX tab and I assume that album art is not supposed to feed to the radio. Sometimes it totally disconnects and gives me an error message. The streaming seems to work. But the whole point of using the wire is so it charges.

I downloaded the 2 files in your post. I did the 1st one but then I looked and the second one is very small in size (4.2 meg as opposed to the 1st 10 meg file). So I don't know if i should apply it. Does it apply the same way?

I like to keep my hardware up to current revisions which is why i asked for a ver 43 ISO if it existed.
Does this update exist? do you have a link to it?

Thanks for your help.

Chris
Old 07-30-2013, 10:04 PM

Chris,
Did you look on the rear view mirror for the mic? That's where it usually is on the Ram.
As for the files, the 1st file is actually larger because there is quite a bit of an update on it. The 2nd file isn't a complete SW upgrade, it is only changing the bit pool rate of the streaming audio to give better sound quality so it is smaller. The 2 of them make for a complete update, they weren't released at the same time as a single unit update. Hope that helps.
As for the 43.00.11 Update for the radio itself, I do have a contact for it but I'll have to pull some teeth to get it because it''s not a released item from Chrysler and I don't want to get him in any trouble. I'll see what I can do.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

xsdbs,

I took my truck in for service and they told me that I was current on the radio software. so you are correct the 43.xx ver is not in their system. They did change the flag in the TPIM. All in all... I saw no change in the operation.

I am really disappointed in the interface with the iphone. My stock radio in my Toyota Venza works so much better. I may opt to look into an aftermarket unit in the future.

The uconnect does whatever it feels like doing. tell it to play a song and it plays the one before or after it... and then stops. And the 30 to 60 second "Reading" thing is really annoying. I cant deal with the GPS being locked when the car is in motion either.

I kinda figured that in today's day and age that this would work a lot better. But I guess It's typical of a Stock radio.

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:28 PM

Chris,
You may be having some issues because you're trying to use the Uconnect system the same as you do in your Toyota. BT carkits are not all the same and do function differently. The voice commands might be different which can cause issues. Actually, people have been pleased with the performance after the updates.
I would be interested in your taking a short video of you trying to use Uconnect and the iPhone, I may see something that I'm missing in text.
As for being able to input navigation info while driving, this is a legal issue that Chrysler would rather stay away from. Even in aftermarket radios, most won't allow you to do this unless they support it in speech. The tapping in of an address on the radio screen is the same as texting while driving and you know how the law is taking to that driver distraction.
There are electronic modules that you can buy to defeat this safety feature but they're not cheap, though they do offer other driver distraction features as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaksa View Post
xsdbs,

I took my truck in for service and they told me that I was current on the radio software. so you are correct the 43.xx ver is not in their system. They did change the flag in the TPIM. All in all... I saw no change in the operation.

I am really disappointed in the interface with the iphone. My stock radio in my Toyota Venza works so much better. I may opt to look into an aftermarket unit in the future.

The uconnect does whatever it feels like doing. tell it to play a song and it plays the one before or after it... and then stops. And the 30 to 60 second "Reading" thing is really annoying. I cant deal with the GPS being locked when the car is in motion either.

I kinda figured that in today's day and age that this would work a lot better. But I guess It's typical of a Stock radio.

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

xsdbs,

I rarely use BT (other than for phone calls) and i don't use the voice commands. I simply plug the phone into the USB and play music. I find BT streaming kind of counter productive as it drains the battery of the phone. I live in the NYC area and an iphone is at 50% battery by 1pm. Using USB charges the phone. I just installed ios7 to test it and I'm hoping that i don't have any additional issues. I have not been in the truck yet to see.

I'll try and do a video if I can of the quirkiness.

Chris