DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Ram 3500 Crew Diesel 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 235hp 460lb/ft (manual and auto)
Rep:10
Go4WD is on a distinguished road
Question 2003 Dodge Ram Tail, Brake, Turn, Reverse Lights All Out

As title says, the rear light fixtures in the bed are completely dead.

This truck had a new bed installed, original wiring harnesses are intact.

Checked fuses and are good. The wires are all plugged in. The ground wire from the bed to cab is hooked up.
The lights for the license plate are working, the lights in the front of the truck are all working. The lamp out light on the cluster is illuminated, and the turn signals blink quickly.
I feel like it has to be something stupid going on since every light in the tail light fixtures do not work. Usually just one light or type wont work, but this is all of them.

I used a test light to check the five pins of the plug going into the light fixture and used the ground pin from the trailer wiring harness and I get voltage/blinking through the test light. I looked at the bulbs on the tail lights, and none look burned out. The trailer harness is also working correctly. If all else fails I am going to plug some lights into the trailer harness and clamp them to my bumper so I can at least drive the truck.

Anyone know which wire going into the tail light is the ground, I got my test light to light off of all five pins in the
light when the test light was grounded to the chassis, which leaves me to believe the tail lights are module controlled?

Have any ideas? I need to drive the truck to deliver parts tomorrow (200mile round trip)... Going out to work on it now, will come back in to check the posts to see if anyone has input.

Thanks!

Last edited by Go4WD; 08-10-2013 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Added updates
Sponsored links