DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Interior Cleaning and Maintenance!

Notices

Interior Cleaning and Maintenance! Keeping the inside clean!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough
Default cleaning touch screen

I have the 6.5" touch screen radio and it has finger prints ALL OVER it now. Whats the best/safest way to clean the screen without scratching it or anything? I bought some small microfiber rags and planned on using those but is there something better? Are you supposed to use those little rags that come with an ipod touch etc?
Sponsored links
Old 06-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

there is a how to clean your rams monitor on their radio site
pick your radio by clicking on it, radio ID is on the very bottom right corner
http://www.chrysler.com/en/owners/quality/index.html

Cleaning Your Touch-Screen Radio

* Do not spray any liquid or caustic chemicals directly on the screen. Use a clean and dry micro fiber lens cleaning cloth in order to clean the touch-screen.
* If necessary, use a lint-free cloth dampened with a cleaning solution such as isopropyl alcohol or an isopropyl alcohol and water solution ratio of 50:50. Be sure to follow the solvent manufacturer's precautions and directions.
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 06-12-2011, 06:33 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of

I found the best cleaner is the eye glass cleaners your eye doctor gives away with a set of glasses. I have a super soft felt eye glass rag I use and it works great. Don't even need any liquid on it. Head over to lenscrafters and get an eye glass cleaning kit.

Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Conventional Eccentric

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Rep:220
highlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura about

I use the alcohol water mix; it works great on finger prints. Just be sure you use distilled water, therwise it will deposit minerals on the glass.

Disclaimer: I'm getting old and my opinions will reflect that fact!
Old 07-28-2011, 01:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ram 1500
Trim Level: lonestar
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:24
Mr.Clean is on a distinguished road

This is what i use just take a microfiber towel and just mist the glass cleaner on to it works well i think..
Old 12-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1475
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

I got tired of all of the fingerprints from my touch screen.. was having to clean it on average twice a week. So I searched and found this site that sells screen protectors for our radios. The films are just like those you can buy for cell phones and I have had no problems for the last month since 'installing' it. Highly recommend these films!
Old 08-07-2013, 01:26 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:632
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

did anyone order the protector?
Old 11-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1475
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

I did order them.. twice now, lol! First for my original radio and again when my radio got replaced under warranty. I will never have a touch screen radio (or phone) without a screen protector. These really do help keep fingerprints at bay. When you order, you get two films (although I always destroy the first one.. doh!).

They go on almost invisible.. no one has even noticed it on the screen until I pointed it out to them. They are good quality and the PhotoDon website is very quick to ship and deliver and they will respond quickly if you contact them. This also cleans up relatively easily.. I simply dab a moist paper towel on the center of the film and then gently wipe any fingerprints off using a microfiber towel. One of the easiest and fastest components to clean on our trucks.

I had to get the right angle and lighting to even get a pic of it for you. Here ya go!