DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Blue&Tan two tone
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:44
Aina Ram is on a distinguished road
Default Consol swap questions/ Any help suggestions Appreciated!!!

Me and another guy are swapping consoles, I have column shift with fold up center seat, He has center console and shifter.

Part numbers appreciated if you have them!

I'm excited but want to check check and re-check before we meet up to swap everything so any thing I am missing in the list I write here if you notice plz fill me in and I'll be most appreciative!

2X shift linkage extension/adapters, I believe it the same to go from column to consol and vise versa?

2X wire harness "both the same" for the + and - gear buttons on the shifters?

I know there's a sort of pivot type bracket I will need to swap when I get the consol in my truck but will the one I take off be ok for his?

Radio bezel I know will need to be swapped but one concern is mine is 2wd so the knob area on the 4x4 is a pocket on mine, question is is his 4x4 knob able to unscrew from the back of his radio bezel? Also is it able to screw into my bezel for the swap and my pocket area able to screw into his radio bezel where his 4x4 switch was?

Sorry for the long write up but I approached this gentleman and I want the swap to go off without a hitch and have "EVERYTHING" we need to do it right the first time.

Any help, suggestions and parts I haven't listed that we will need that you can tell me ill be very great full.

Thanks in advance guys and gals!
Sponsored links
Old 06-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Blue&Tan two tone
Rep:44
Aina Ram is on a distinguished road

New news! I watched a video of a guy who did a swap and had part numbers, I looked them up his was a 4.7. Our trucks aren't and the part numbers were different. The bracket I spoke about was a manual control lever which he said was needed but when I looked it up for our trucks I cross referenced between 2x4 and 4x4 and not only that part but all seemed to be the same?

Correct me if I'm wrong but being as this will be a truck to truck swap with both vehicles together at the time of install is there no need for these extra parts I spoke of? Seems to me maybe the only pieces we might need would be the wiring for the + and - gear selection because maybe they were originally routed to different areas when these trucks were built.

I know I'm asking some technical stuff here but a lot of the members here seem to know a lot about these trucks so I'm really hoping for some help!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I do know that it can be done
One of the other members did it with pix & a write up

here is what a search brought up
http://www.ramforumz.com/search.php?searchid=2987421
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 06-22-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: white
Rep:13
galfer is on a distinguished road

Saw this thread in another section

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=135733

Hope that helps
Old 06-30-2013, 03:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 1500 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT- Big Horn
Color: White
Rep:19
dig is on a distinguished road
Default console swap

I was going to swap from the column to floor ship. I have the center shift console, went to the dealer to get the rest of the parts. They said that I had better think hard about this, that it would void my warranty when I started messing with the wiring. So I decided to just to take out the floor shifter and just add the console, so I ordered the center tray to replace the shifter, This is all I was going to do at first anyway, but when I got the shifting console I thought maybe I would try that, I guess I will also keep the shifting part just incase later I change my mind, I like change.