I promised pics of my latests projects, so here goes.
The rear power access for the winch or jumper cables is secured to the frame. When I am not using it, it will tuck up inside the bumper above the hitch. Due to the stiffness of the wiring it will not come out of the little cavity behind the license plate unless I pull it out. Works very slick. I also installed the cutout solenoid and ran it off Aux 3 of the Ram Auxilliary switch panel under the radio. This way there is no power going along those large cables unless I want it to be there.
I really liked the idea of having a third brake light mounted camera like they are offering on the 2013's. I just didn't want to wait. I figured if I screwed up my light housing for the third brake light, they are selling them for about $40.00 on eBay. So I took it out and found that there are large openings around the bulbs that leave plenty of room to put in a camera and still leave everything else functional.
I used a step bit to drill the hole for the camera. I love the step bits for drilling plastics because of how they cut. It makes very clean holes and slowly takes out each layer instead of tourqing the material around the cut trying to cut too much material at once.
Here the camera is in place and the wire lead is coming out the bottom of the picture. As you can see, there is plenty of space between the bulb for the brake light and the camera.
I then zip tied the cable to the cargo light wires to keep tension on the wire and away from the bulb.
The camera is mounted and I applied silicone to seal it. Once it dried good I rubbed off the excess that was smeared around the edges. I had it hooked up before this to get the image where I wanted it.
The light and camera after it is reinstalled.
Here is the view I now have when hooking up a gooseneck trailer. I took a couple of photos hoping that one of them would look clear enough.
Finally a quick shot of my test of the wireless camera transmitters I bought. I felt that it worked pretty good. I just hand wrapped the wires onto the battery posts while I was testing it but it sure seemed to work well.