DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: ST Crew Cab
Color: Gray
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
BeaverNation is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by katokahn99 View Post
B.N.,
I ordered mine. The short answer from my perspective is, "So that I could get EXACTLY what I wanted as far as options from the factory go." I imagine it's about the same for others who "order" theirs.

Very nice. I guess I should have joined this forum before purchasing my truck instead of after. A lot of great ideas from the peeps on here.

Appreciate your response.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold / White Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:264
Explorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverNation View Post
Nitro- I have seen metioned around the Forum before "Ordered my truck...". Always wondered why people "ordered" their trucks when the lots around my home have a ton of them on the lot. Are you adding extra Mods that don't come on the original? This is all new to me. I have had friends drive to Washington and Idaho to pick up trucks, but never known anyone to order one specifically for them. Just curious.
I ordered mine because there wasn't a single dealer in the United States that had a Blackgold Pearl Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie Longhorn with Whitegold Pearl 2 tone that also came with 4-corner air suspension, 8-speed automatic, 3.92 LSD axle, hemi, ram-boxes, a sun roof, towing hitch, tow brake controller, convenience group, protection package and a rear window defroster. The short answer is to get exactly what I wanted. Out of the 400 Rams on my dealer's lot 1/2 were Express Rams, they only had 6 Laramies and 2 Sports. The rest were SLTs, Tradesmans & Bighorns. The dealer's order them for the general population. You walk in, like the options, they'll probably have one on the lot as long as you like Red, Blue, Black, White, Silver or Grey. Mine is the only Blackgold they got. They only got one Western Brown, no Prairie Tans, no Copperheads and only a few Maximum Steels.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT/sport
Color: blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
nitromax is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverNation View Post
Nitro- I have seen metioned around the Forum before "Ordered my truck...". Always wondered why people "ordered" their trucks when the lots around my home have a ton of them on the lot. Are you adding extra Mods that don't come on the original? This is all new to me. I have had friends drive to Washington and Idaho to pick up trucks, but never known anyone to order one specifically for them. Just curious.
When I ordered there were none to be see any where by me. So I ordered one just how I would like it. Nice to beable to pick a and choose your colar and options. I order the cooperhead pearl, moon roof mega, CHMSL (2nd camera) the MSRP was 67600. But it has taken lot longer than I thout it would to get it.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: ST Crew Cab
Color: Gray
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
BeaverNation is on a distinguished road

Well, I drove my truck down to Independance, OR this weekend for my nieces graduation. On this current tank of fuel, 248 miles, I am averaging 19.9 mpg (according to my dash) and I have 301 driving range left. I set the cruise control to 72 once I was on the freeway. I still have my standard tires that came with the truck. Considering my 07 Yukon Denali only got about 17.5 on the freeway, I was very pleased. BUT...Not as pleased as I was when I filled up and diesel was $3.65 and gas was $3.71. That made me smile.