This is my first write up. I have 2012 express crew cab. Need space for future amp install and more space in general
The mod is super easy and super fast. Thanks to all the other info on this forum. Whole thing takes 30 minutes
1. Fold bottom up.
2. Remove 4 seat bracket bolts. (18mm)
3. Slightly lift seat on each side in order to "unhook" the rear seat back.
Then you can easily fold seat back down.
4. Measure 5/8 from the two hooks. It ends up being just where the plastic sleeve ends, but measure anyways.
5. Take a simple hacksaw and cut, not hard at all and my blade was old. Cut the little plastic under the 5/8. Essentially removing 5/8 of plastic and metal.
6. Bolt seat back in and done.
I'm super happy with results. It should have come like this from factory.