DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Medic View Post
Those are some nice looking lights. I haven't seen one of those old strobe light bars like you have in a quite a while. Our sheriff's office used to use that style. My PD has gone to the Liberty LED series from Whelen and I think that is what the county guys are using now. My ambulance service has a wierd mix now. Still have lots of strobes but they are the large box mounted ones. They still have one with an old JetSonic. I think that bar draws more power than some alternators will put out.

I was looking at the LED off road lights, just not sure what I want or how I want to do it yet. I had a really nice set of IPF lights that worked really well. I had them first on my white 99 Dually and transferred to behind the grill on the green outdoorsman, between them getting older and not wanting to go through pulling them, I just left them on the green one when I traded it.

For now I have several sets of the old rubber housed tractor lights sitting around and I am going to put them on for auxilliary backup lights. I figure that takes care of me for the moment and then if I decide to upgrade I will already be wired up and just need to make the swap.

What brand are yours? Seems like name wise I am finding the Cree and Ridgid alot and then quite a few that look like knockoffs. I will have to do more research before I decide what to go with.
Here are the ones I have front and rear the first link, the second is all the ones the company has.

http://www.maxxima.com/products/prod...l#.UZ5DI6Ip9c0

http://www.maxxima.com/products/5/LED-Work-Lights.html

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.

Last edited by Iqudayo; 05-23-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 3500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: White and Mineral Gray
Rep:232
Cowboy Medic has a spectacular aura aboutCowboy Medic has a spectacular aura aboutCowboy Medic has a spectacular aura about

The new front reciever for my winch got installed today. Went in smoothly without any problems. I just have a couple of photos from my phone. I will try and get some with the regular camera in a little bit after the kids nap. I will also try and get some with the winch off and just the reciever showing.

2012 Build Thread
My old 2011 Build Thread
My first Dodge photo thread
Old 05-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually
Trim Level: Laramine
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:10
oldbluehairhemi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Medic View Post
Those are some nice looking lights. I haven't seen one of those old strobe light bars like you have in a quite a while. Our sheriff's office used to use that style. My PD has gone to the Liberty LED series from Whelen and I think that is what the county guys are using now. My ambulance service has a wierd mix now. Still have lots of strobes but they are the large box mounted ones. They still have one with an old JetSonic. I think that bar draws more power than some alternators will put out.

I was looking at the LED off road lights, just not sure what I want or how I want to do it yet. I had a really nice set of IPF lights that worked really well. I had them first on my white 99 Dually and transferred to behind the grill on the green outdoorsman, between them getting older and not wanting to go through pulling them, I just left them on the green one when I traded it.

For now I have several sets of the old rubber housed tractor lights sitting around and I am going to put them on for auxilliary backup lights. I figure that takes care of me for the moment and then if I decide to upgrade I will already be wired up and just need to make the swap.

What brand are yours? Seems like name wise I am finding the Cree and Ridgid alot and then quite a few that look like knockoffs. I will have to do more research before I decide what to go with.
CREE is a type of LED. Ebay is filled with all kinds of them. I have a set of CREE LED 5w bulbs in my tail lights and for the 30 I paid for them you can not beat the light output and there are not extra wires just a simple bulb swap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 073.jpg (32.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 077.jpg (19.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 076.jpg (41.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 079.jpg (24.5 KB, 16 views)
Old 06-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Cowboy Medic has a spectacular aura aboutCowboy Medic has a spectacular aura aboutCowboy Medic has a spectacular aura about

Well, most of the new leather is in. I did almost all of it myself. I did give up on trying to get the video screens into the headrests and not having the leather looking like crap. So I took them to a local upholstery shop and asked them to redo the foam and cut them to fit properly. I kept the actual screens so that I could test all the wiring and make sure that I had all of the installation correct. I am supposed to get the headrests back on Monday or Tuesday.

I had the interior almost completely torn apart. All of the seats were out. The center dash was completely out to put in the aux switch panel and the lockpick to run the DVD screens. I am really pleased with how everything has turned out. The seat colors look perfect in person. I am not sure why some pictures show it really well and others make the grays look different from each other between the seats and the door panels.

I also promised a couple of photos of the front reciever without the winch in the way. So here that is. I was initially concerned that it would block too much of the coolers, but as you can see plenty of air can still get around it. There is a brace that stops anything from being put through the receiver too far so that was a nice touch as well. This is made by Draw-Tite and I picked it up through my local NAPA store for $180.00. I had paid more than $200.00 to have one made by a welding shop before so I am pleased overall.

2012 Build Thread
My old 2011 Build Thread
Old 06-02-2013, 11:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I ordered the power cables to run the winch power to the back of the truck. Also ordered the Bull Ring anchors for the stake pockets and a 24 inch LED Off-Road light to mount on the front grill guard. Not sure when the grill guard will arrive. Hopefully soon.

I still haven't gotten around to installing the extra backup lights or the in-bed trailer plug. Hopefully get that done tomorrow. Also gonna try and get the under bed rail lighting installed for under the tonneau cover.

As always, I will post pics as I get them done.

My last real want on the truck is going to be a B&W cab protector (headache rack). I have always liked the looks of them from the B&W website. Now the other day I saw a 4th Gen truck with Iowa plates in town that had one on it. First time I have ever seen one in person and now I am just aching to order one. Just don't want the wife to divorce me so it will probably have to wait a while, but damn it looked good.

2012 Build Thread
My old 2011 Build Thread

Last edited by Cowboy Medic; 06-02-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram 2500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: flame red
Rep:471
Kcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of light

Truck is looking real good man. I really like the 2 tone of the outdoorsman.

6" BDS lift kit, BMF R.E.P.R, 37" toyo MT, recon cab lights, color matched interior trim, tinted tails, custom headlights, cjc off-road light bar, backrack, afe stage 2 CAI
sponsored by BULLY'S PERFORMANCE
Old 06-03-2013, 01:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Kcbigbadram,

Thanks for the compliment.

In regards to the heated seat switches, I wound up placing them on each side of the little tray that sits in front of the center seat. I can still reach the switches for both sides and yet they are out of the way and not looking out of place on the dash. I just couldn't find any place on the dash that had open space and didn't look goofy. I forgot to snap a picture of them. I will snag one tomorrow and get it posted.

2012 Build Thread
My old 2011 Build Thread
Old 06-03-2013, 01:05 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Wow man.....loving what you're doing to the truck
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 06-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Today was the in-bed trailer plug and under bed rail light. I just tapped the battery and ground wires off the trailer plug wiring. The LED lights draw so little amperage that even if I forget and leave it on, it shouldn't be a problem unless it runs for days. If I ever find it becoming a problem I will just get an in line timer that will turn it off after a set number of minutes.

Here is a pic of the in-bed placement

And the light placed above it. The blue button is the on-off switch. You can see the rubber grommet that the wire runs through and then ties into the harness coming from the factory bumper plug. It was nice because it all essentially plug and play.

Since I was working in the bed, I went ahead and installed the Bull Ring Anchors. The front four went in fine, but I had to trim the plastic on the back two to make them fit.

Probably a stupid aesthetic thing but I love how the six stake pockets filled with those anchors match up with the bull rings that are in the bed with the gooseneck hitch. I guess it is my truck and as long as I am happy that is what matters right?

And here are the promised pics of where I mounted the heated seat switches.

2012 Build Thread
My old 2011 Build Thread
Old 06-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram 2500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: flame red
Rep:471
Kcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of light

did you have to cut out your front stake pockets? i was noticing the other day mine will need to be cut out to mount my headache rack. what did you use to cut them?

6" BDS lift kit, BMF R.E.P.R, 37" toyo MT, recon cab lights, color matched interior trim, tinted tails, custom headlights, cjc off-road light bar, backrack, afe stage 2 CAI
sponsored by BULLY'S PERFORMANCE