DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Window and engine problem

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Merch 
#1 ·
Hello,
I'm having problems with my windows whenever I lower and raise them they squeak like if they were dry and lately my hemi has been doing a humming noise like if theres a dry gear running not sure if it's the transmission and to switch gears it's impossible to get to reverse I gotta keep moving the stick up and down to get to reverse. I love my 2013 ram 1500 express regular cab I do and I don't want to sound like a baby or anything but it's starting to annoy me I called the dealer and made an appointment for next thursday but I wanna see if anyone els has experienced these problems. I know that there machines and wont be 100% perfect but I don't think a sexy truck like a ram should have these problems at 180 miles I picked her up on friday and started driving her on monday because I had work all weekend and took my 2011 dodge avenger instead of the ram I now entered my vacation week and I'm having these problems with the truck can anyone help plz?

#3 ·
Congratulations on the 2013 RAM

I must ask you, is your transmission the 6 or 8 speed ?
You mentioned Shifter & up & down, so most members will assume that you have the 6 speed.
Most 8 speeds have a rotary shift knob

#4 ·
Sorry to hear about the annoyances. I do feel that at these prices these machines should be 99.999% perfect at delivery. Reality is a harsh mistress so it's probably more like 95% but that's what the warranty period is for. 1000 trucks per day is what's being thrown around on this forum as the production rate...that's quite a LOT of trucks to make small as well as big mistakes on. For me I insisted on components that have a good track record, so I stayed away from all the new things (8 speed, V6, etc) as much as I could. If I could have gotten my truck without a radio, I would have, but I got a decent deal off the lot and wasn't about to wait weeks for an order to come in. I'm a bit of an audiophile, have my own jamming studio and know what sounds good for rock/heavy metal and I'm not disappointed with this uConnect 3 and it's "stock no named" 6 speakers setup. Not going to impress a crowd but I need to start thinking about preserving the hearing for the later years...

#5 ·
Update on my situation the noise in the hemi went away after I reached 200 miles and the response is way better then when I first got it which had 14 miles on it the truck stalled on me yesterday in front of walmart after a trip from the lake so I called the dealer and they took her in. I went in today and will get her monday I spoke to them and asked whats wrong with her and the guy said "we checked your stick and it wasn't installed correctly" hard to believe that they didn't do it correct or didn't catch it before leaving the factory but I guess things like this happens and my windows needed some oil they also checked my engine and he said he's gonna check everything and make sure its 100% okay and if later my engines stalls again or anything that they will take care of it I have warranty and a 3yr free maintenance with a 1yr of free oil changes for the truck so nothing will come out of my pockets. I'm not mad or disappointed about this situation i'm happy this happened I rather deal with the problems now rather then later rams are good trucks and I don't regret buying it but I'm happy with how the dealership handled this.

#6 ·
Im having problems with my power windows. They all stopped working at once. I tried a different switch and that didn't work. I examined all of the wiring and it was good. I checked all of the fuses and they are good. I used a power meter and there is no power going to the master door. Is there a rellay somewheres? I no longer have the mannual. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.