DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram
Trim Level: slt
Color: gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
jandro08 is on a distinguished road
Default 2011 HID kit suggestion

hello everyone. i have a 2011 2 door ram and ive been looking at hid kits lately and would like some suggestions or recomendations from you guys. thanks for the help
Sponsored links
Old 04-22-2013, 11:51 AM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1946
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

http://www.****************.com/

You don't want to cheap out when it comes to HID kits on these trucks. Retro Solutions will give you the full kit and everything you need to make the work properly and not have any flickering issues.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 05-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Rep:10
sgarlic is on a distinguished road

I went with DDM Tuning's hi/lo kit.. 55W w/slim ballasts. I have used DDM for years and never had a problem with any of their kits (done 4 vehicles and 1 motorcycle.) I haven't had any flickering on my 2011 since I installed them back in February and didn't use any sort of eliminator or anything else.. just the bulbs, wires, and ballasts.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:184
bstc00 has a spectacular aura aboutbstc00 has a spectacular aura about

I would head over to theretrofitsoure.com. They have the best of the best and really good cous toner service.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:32 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black/Silver
Rep:147
TVL will become famous soon enoughTVL will become famous soon enough

Got mine from protuninglabs.com

Wherever you go, make sure you get a harness with the resistor built into it to cancel out flickering from our Ram's electrical system! (I learned the hard way!)

Hello, my name is Tim and I'm a modaholic.

MODS: 6" RCX Lift, 37"X12.5R20 Trail Grapplers on 20" Moto Metal 962 Black/silver rims, remote tailgate lock, Bakflip G2 tonneau cover, LineX spray-on bed liner, Amp Research Power Step, magnaflow 18" muffler, S&B CAI, Passenger Front Ejection seat, Diablosport Trinity1000 tuned with Hemifever 89 tune, Spyder Projector/HID 8000K/CCFL Halos/LEDs Headlights, Retroshop Projector/HID/8000K/CCFL Halo Fog Lights, Recon LED Smoked Tail Lights & LED Smoked 3rd Brake Light, fully stocked bar w/tap, BT Catch Can, Chrome & Black Mesh studded Grille, HID Reverse Light Kit, customized tailgate badge....more to come!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:06 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

I have over 14 kits now from retro solutions and have had zero problems, most installed in 2012 rams, but some fords, and the rest are cars, mazda, hyundai and jeep, oldest kit is over 1 years with no issues.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:55 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 sport
Color: BLACK
Rep:51
Nemmisis1 will become famous soon enough

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=141247

read this thread
Old 05-05-2013, 07:56 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 sport
Color: BLACK
Rep:51
Nemmisis1 will become famous soon enough
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVL View Post
Got mine from protuninglabs.com

Wherever you go, make sure you get a harness with the resistor built into it to cancel out flickering from our Ram's electrical system! (I learned the hard way!)

WITH A CANBUS KIT YOU DONT NEED IT... LOOK at the above thread... and its only 100 bucks unless you get it cheaper... with that kit you dont need any harness or cancelers.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:06 AM

Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Go with the ****************, get the wire harness and 5k or 6k bulbs, your 2011 SLT will love the kit and you will have no issues with them over time, also since 55watt kits drain more amperage then regular 35watt bulbs especially on power up, you will have no chance in burning out your light switch or the controller like others have had with direct hookups with no wire harness. Pay a bit more but get peace of mind.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemmisis1 View Post
WITH A CANBUS KIT YOU DONT NEED IT... LOOK at the above thread... and its only 100 bucks unless you get it cheaper... with that kit you dont need any harness or cancelers.
The OP does not have a 2013, and large probability he does not have Evic. Wire harnesses are not just so the dash does not give you error codes, they also protect your light switch, your light controller and your wiring, especially if your putting in 55watt lights and ballasts. When the trigger triggers the ballast to light up the plasma ball it sucks a lot of ampere's. Running them off the battery directly is a better option, if the ballast fry's you will only blow a fuse in the harness, if it happens on a direct kit, you will have bigger issues. Canbus systems work yes they do, yes they are easier to install, but, and its the but that makes a wire harness a better deal.