DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My 2010 TRX4 Beauty

24K views 129 replies 36 participants last post by  robpayneusaf 
#1 ·
The first time I saw my truck was on cars.com while deployed to Afghanistan. Needless to say, I was in love. It took quite a bit of work, but I made sure that it was sitting in my driveway when I got off the plane a month later. And I've been modding ever since.... and plan to keep going :smiley_thumbs_up:

But enough about me, let’s get to the pics and mod list

Here's a few pictures of my truck bone stock. It wouldn't stay that way for long.

MODS

1) Flowmaster 50 Series HD dual exhaust.

2) Duplicolor Shadow painted emblems and side badges (would end up debadging the sides).

3) LED foot well and bed rail lighting with activator switches in the cab. It's hard to take a picture of the footwell lights without them looking blue, but they're a cool white in person.

4) Window tint all the way around.

5) Replaced stock white bulbs with cool white LEDs (reverse, license plate, cargo light, interior dome light, interior map lights). But with my crappy camera, it's hard to get a picture of these so you're just going to have to trust me.

6) Bilstein 5100 front and rear shocks. Front shocks set to 2.8" (I don't have the 'death wobble').

Before

After

See less See more
#106 ·
Done ALOT to the truck since I updated this thread. I'll get pics up soon.

Mods:
Custom painted interior trim
New exhaust setup (bought bumper with dual cutouts and have 5" tips)
Full retrofit on projectors with morimoto mini H1s, RGB halos, and red demon eyes
Will do retro on fogs to match soon

Let me know of any certain pictures you guys want.

#108 ·
Here's a few shots of my interior. You can hardly tell, but I color matched the grey to the trim on my truck. It's a little darker than the original interior grey. Then added stripes.

The first pictures are of the original dual exhaust I had put on. The installers did a terrible job. I ended up cutting the tips off and dumping it. But now I have the true dual setup that I wanted. Swapped bumpers and ran 5" tips.

Now

I'll get retro pictures soon. I really want to finish the fogs before I take all my pictures. But here's a few teasers.

#111 ·
Great looking truck! :smileup:

I like the rear bumper swap you did with the 5" tips. I have the same truck with aftermarket exhaust and it's done very well but I don't care for the exhaust tip peeking out under my bumper. For now I'm going to cut them back and install some turn downs so they are out of sight but eventually I'd like to swap my bumper like you did. Well done.

#116 ·
It's been a while since I posted my original list of mods that I'd like to complete in the future. So I figured that I would update the list a bit now and show completion of a few projects.

1. 20x9 -12 ATX Series Artillery wheels with 295/65r20s - Waiting on my current tires to need replacing, but am considering Black R/T 22"s on 325/50r22 now
2. 4" suspension lift (probably RCX?) - May not happen, will see how pleased I am with the look and clearance when taller tires are installed
3. HID's for Low/Fog 6K, with 6K switchbacks - completed. full retro on heads, fog retro in progress
4. BullyDog Tuner with Pillar mount - completed.
5. CAI (probably S&B) - will wait to purchase hood. APM is fully functional.
6. Catch Can - ordered.
7. LED light bar project - last on my list.
8. DiNoc vinyl carbon fiber for some interior trim - completed. as well as interior paint.
9. Spray in bed liner - waiting.
10. ReTrax bed cover - waiting.
11. New hood (either Sport hood or APM hood) - waiting.

Not a whole lot has changed since I originally posted the list 11-15-13, but it's making progress. The wife and I are moving to California later this week for some military training, so I doubt much will happen out there without having access to my tools! I just hope to finish my fog retro before then!

#130 ·
Well, quite a bit has happened to the truck in the last few months.

First a few small appearance things. Trying to add some red to my color scheme. Bought some red caliper covers and added a Dodge emblem on the front. (Took my projectors off to update them as you'll see later.)

Then, I put on a 6"BDS lift. I absolutely love it. Completely changed the truck.

Still trying to add red.

Added some Diode Dynamics pods in my fog lights. Also had my bilstiens adjusted back up to 2.8". For some reason the shop that put my lift on adjusted them down to 1.4".

I added some RGB rock lights. My phone is terrible at taking night pics.

Finally, I finished up my headlights. I added RGBWA switchback boards. Got them done just in time for a local car show.

Next big project will probably be an audio build. But I can't decide which direction I want to go. Either going to be a single alpine type r 12" in a Fox Box with amp rack under the passenger rear seat and some plug-n-play upgraded door speakers. OR 2 12" type r's in a Fox Box with a custom back wall amp rack and upgraded/amplified door/dash speakers. I'd like to do it myself, but I don't know jack about audio work. We'll see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.