DODGE RAM FORUM banner

help picking out a tuner for 2012 hemi

5K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  daviddup78 
#1 ·
ok i have a headache from reading about tuners for my truck. So now im asking the RF help from the ones with a 2012 DODGE RAM HEMI. so plz only 2012 thanks. Here is a list of what parts im going to add on my truck: 85mm TB,catch can,S&B CAI, and a 14'' magnaflow exhaust. My truck is a 4x4 so I wont be needing it to race, just want to tweak everything to work together.
my options are:
BD GT hemi plus
I-1000 DC-X
I-1000 DC-x hemifever tune
or the Diablo whitelightning tune
REMEMBER not racing my 4x4 truck, if i wanted to race i would have bought a SRT10 lol

Thanks

#3 ·
yes i seen a few of them said that but used higher octane or catch can. I been reading post for 2 weeks now, my head hurts lol
was just thinking about getting all my parts on it and the 85mm TB and not worry about a programmer for now,

#6 ·
what all did you see using the hypertech interceptor?
Throttle response was the #1 improvement.

After that the truck seems to have more pep in it's step! Just a better overall drive especially on the highway. Less pedal needed to get moving, even with MDS needing to disengage, etc.

My gas mileage is starting to truly improve - I'm beginning to average 17mpg, in the 20's on the highway is a big bonus.

#7 ·
i like my bd and i would never run a bullydog on our diesels. did it once and egt's just skyrocketed.all we run on our diesels our h&S which is the best and smarty . from my experience and the price i tried the bd for my hemi and am happy with it but several people seem to have some issues with em. ive noticed better shifts,throttle response and slight increase in mpg.

#9 ·
ive noticed better shifts,throttle response and slight increase in mpg.
Same here. Been running it for over 2 months now. Only issue I had was some light pinging after the wife put in 87. I am running the regular tune and I always put in 91. I believe if you install a tune you should run higher than what is recommended.

Removed the tune recently for a dealer visit to replace a leaky shock and hated it. Put it back in as soon as I got home.

G
#8 · (Edited)
I'm like you...looking to pull the trigger on a tuner and I have read a whole lot here. I did talk to my local 4X4 shop and he said he does not install BD but he removes a lot of them (4 in the last 2 months). He said problems are common with them. From my research... I'm leaning towards going to the Hemifever site and buying a Diablo with the Hemifever custom tune. I have not read any negative on it at all (I have on the Diablo can tunes). I'm not going to race but I'm looking for better shifting and throttle response and I like that he will tweek your tune after you have been driving for a bit. Having said all this I as interested as you are to get 2012 opinions from owners.

You guys can help me out with this....I think it was the White Lightning tune that a couple of people have lost there Tranny's from. That is my biggest concern with a tune is taking out my tranny.

#10 ·
lol i love how yall remove the tuners to go to dealership
to give yall a heads up,.they have a new software that will let them know you had a tuner in it, it wont show what kind or what yall reprogrammed, but show when it was installed and when you took it out,. they do leave a trace, even if you flash it to factory, it will show it was flashed and from what date ,just saying lol

#12 ·
This has been discussed many times before on here. It won't let them know you had a tuner installed, just that the pcm has been re-flashed. If you leave the tuner on the dash when you go in it makes it pretty obvious how the re-flash was done.

Reactions: ONOutdoorsman
#11 ·
Hemifever hands down!!!!

#15 ·
I have seen a couple recent threads around where ram owners have had truck issues and the dealers KNEW a tuner was installed and denied warranty work. Damn that sucks, I want my $40.000 back Bullydog, you said the dealer would not know a tuner was installed.

Regrets and worry's for sure now :(
Toughone for sure considering the circumstances. Crosses finger issues never arise!!

#18 ·
I always tell them its reflashed from installing and working on aftermarket radio and system.

#21 ·
I guess I'll be the one----Has anyone heard the term--TELL THE TRUTH!
If you can afford a tuner you should be able to afford to pay for anything you destroy because of it.
Jay

#22 ·
The truth shall set you free........to open up that wallet and pay for something that most likely has absolutely nothing to do with the program!

Seriously though, do what you feel is right. If your mods caused the damage, own it. If not, the software admission may just confuse the matter and allow a less than moral individual the out for not covering you.

#25 ·
And I am telling the truth!!! Well kinda, mostly, some what, a few of the flashes was from my system install. lol

#27 ·
hey chris, another Louisianian here lol
any tips you learned fixing your truck up. please free to let me, know, im going to the doe Fastman 84mm mod and catch-can. and looks like the 6'' RCX lift . got the sound system already lol, my 07 dodge i had a rear center console ported box with a memphis mojo 15.. with the new truck i got a dual 10'' rear center console ported box with 2 American Bass XFLs but decided not to use it, so its just sitting on my floor at my house, brand new but i went with the Pro Box single 10'' loaded ported box. sounds ok but not really as loud as my mojo 15 lol, everyday i see the box and 10s i want to install them just to beat down the block, but they for sale and unused. was thinkin about the i1000 with hemifever but ill get that after i do my lift. if my truck was 2wd drive it would be the first think to get. but its 4wd so time to lift her. how did you mange to get Bully's Performance to sponsor you? and if you have anything extra off your truck that you think i might need, hit me up :)

#28 ·
hey chris, another Louisianian here lol
any tips you learned fixing your truck up. please free to let me, know, im going to the doe Fastman 84mm mod and catch-can. and looks like the 6'' RCX lift . got the sound system already lol, my 07 dodge i had a rear center console ported box with a memphis mojo 15.. with the new truck i got a dual 10'' rear center console ported box with 2 American Bass XFLs but decided not to use it, so its just sitting on my floor at my house, brand new but i went with the Pro Box single 10'' loaded ported box. sounds ok but not really as loud as my mojo 15 lol, everyday i see the box and 10s i want to install them just to beat down the block, but they for sale and unused. was thinkin about the i1000 with hemifever but ill get that after i do my lift. if my truck was 2wd drive it would be the first think to get. but its 4wd so time to lift her. how did you mange to get Bully's Performance to sponsor you? and if you have anything extra off your truck that you think i might need, hit me up :)
Sup brother? I'm ruin two Memphis 10's in a custom ported box and for single cab truck it hits crazy hard. Man the best tip for you is check here before you buy anything, hit up the guys from bully's performance for the best deals. My fav mods some for have come from them. check out MBRP 5" tips. And ARH long tube headers. and hemifever does some awesome tunning. And I just got lucky with the sponsorship but they give all us members the best deals on the internet.

#29 ·
oh i been doing research ALOT of it
ask Andrew, he usually gets a message from me until like 1am lol
i wanted to buy stuff for his 4th of july sale but im going to wait to make sure what i buy is what i want, how did u like the 84mm TB from Fastman, i was going to buy thr 85m off here but i would have my stock one sitting around so since im offshore i figured i would just send mine off to him when i go offshore, saves me money , the more money iI save the more mods i buy loll i almost bought another TB of ebay just to send it to Fastman, but i backed out since didnt know if it was still good, mine has @3000miles on it, so atleast i know mines is good. did you send yours off? what was the turn around time? and I figured since this is my post i figured it will be ok to blow it up with questions lol

#30 ·
I got mine used from a guy on here. Everyone here has been going with the 85mm or 87mm but they are just a ported throttle body with the same stock 80mm butterfly. This is why I went with the over sized 84mm fastman. And it works good with no codes. Where in LA do you live? I'm asking because I still have my old one laying around if your needing one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.