DODGE RAM FORUM banner

ProTuning Lab HID Harness Help

3K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  nola bleauxs 
#1 ·
So i have a quad lamp 13 ram 1500 and i feel ive cheaped out and bought a set of halo led's with the xenon hid low beam and the anti flickering relay. Maybe its because this is my first time looking at it but can anyone help me with the order the anti flicker relay gets installed or link me to a how-to guide please, otherwise ill be forced to take it in.

#4 · (Edited)
Sorry for the lack of detail. I got the xenon led/angel eye halos with the drl's. Now the LED and the HALO wiring im fine with, but the lights came with extra wiring i got no clue about. I guess the best i can do if post pictures. Also came with 2 spare bulbs that aren't hid bulbs :S First pic is extra wiring, second pic is the back of the light.

#7 ·
I did not end up using the extra wiring - have no F'ing idea what it was for lol

wired the LED's & Halo's together....then spliced those in to the parking light wiring & ground

its strange though - if I go from using the DRL's, then needing the headlights (drive in to parkade or it gets dark) it takes 2-5 minutes for the HID's to power up and come on.
BUT, if I start up the truck and turn the headlights (HIDs) on first, no issue

the quality of these is so so

#8 ·
I know this is going to sound picky but can you take get a picture of the harnesses that are in the big picture laid out neatly so I can see what each piece is on both sides what it looks like as of now is you have a splitter that would be used for your halos and the resistors would go in line with the hids but its really hard to tell what each part of tge harness is the way they are laid out

#9 ·
thats strange, do you keep your light switch set on to auto or physically turn them on then they are fine, im wondering if you got ccfl as well or is it the hid's? i was going to go with Recon projectors and a halogen xenon bulb, i hope i dont regret these.

#13 ·
So i got a reply from pro tuning lab. here is their reasonng and photos.

Dear Customer,

The extra bulb are spare bulbs for the low beam if the hid goes out. The two connectors are for the dodge ram that have 4-lamp system( high and low beam separate) If you don't have that then you don't need to use the adapters.
Here is a link to install the headlights- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMTLh5NlNfk
Halo/led - http://youtu.be/pKzWl6-Fac0
and attach diagram of relay resistor.

So having a quad light set up i unfortunately have to install all this extra shit.

#16 ·
Yeah and i hope this helps the other fella who commented on here with his HID bulbs if he happens to be running quad lamps.
I've heard alot of bad reviews about Pro Tuning Lab but so far im super happy with them especially with the reply just put all this together for me.
Thanks a ton Kaman!

#22 ·
I'm in the process of planning the build of my own HID harness for my 13 ram with Spec D Tuning lights, similar to Spyder. Are those resistors or capacitors on that harness you got and any issues since your install? I plan on running a power and ground wire from battery to everything and I am confused on whether or not I need capacitors or resistors or nothing since I will be running 2 relays.

Any help would be awesome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.