DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What is the best leveling kit for my 2010 Dodge Ram

70K views 48 replies 39 participants last post by  maximus007 
#1 ·
I have a 2010 Dodge Ram Hemi 1500 SLT Crew Cab. I want to either get a 2" or 2.5" leveling kit. Not sure what brand to go with or what size? I appreciate any input thanks.

#4 ·
look into the bilsein shock leveling kit. you can search it here on this site many have gone this way and love it myself included. It is a little more expensive but in my opinion the right way with the lowest risk of prematurely wearing out parts or causing other problems with your truck. Good luck with whatever you decide to try

#45 ·
look into the bilsein shock leveling kit. you can search it here on this site many have gone this way and love it myself included. It is a little more expensive but in my opinion the right way with the lowest risk of prematurely wearing out parts or causing other problems with your truck. Good luck with whatever you decide to try
Again I agree with Crash. Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks.
I agree with Hukiah who agrees with Crash. :smileup: Love our Bilstein kit and would do it again without hesitating.

#8 ·
Daystar 2.5" leveling spacer issue!!!

I had a Daystar 2.5" leveling kit installed on my 010 RAM 1500 ST 4x4 and have not been happy since!!! I know that a 2.5" kit will still leave rake but I didn't think it would be as much. I still have 1.25" between the front to rear with no load in the bed. When I went to pickup the truck from the installer I said to the guy "did you do anything?" I could hardly tell there was a difference. And to top it off, after the install of the spacers, I now have a banging sound when I go over washboard like bumps that sounds like when a strut goes out on a passenger car, if anyone known’s what that sounds like?? It's driving me NUTS!!!! Took it back and the guy checked everything and said it all looked good and everything was tight. Needless to say I am not happy and plan on going back this week. If they can't find the issue with the banging, the kit is coming off!!!

I guess my suggestion would be if you’re going for a coil-over spacer kit, make sure it's the right kit for you vehicle, make sure the installer is good, (if you don’t do it yourself) and don't plan on seeing the frontend and rear perfectly level. Leveling kits don't level they just lift a little!!!

#9 · (Edited)
I wanting to do the same thing, so my reply is partly to get updates for this thread...

I've been searching for them, and the price range on leveling kits is crazy. From about $200 to $500. Now, the $500 kit adds lift to the rear as well, I think It's 2.5" front and 1.5" in the rear. From Autoanything.com http://www.autoanything.com/suspension-systems/61A4117A0A0A3169781.aspx

Mine is an '09 (same as the '10 in the suspension I'd assume?) Mine appears totally level as is. Until I broke out the tape measure and actually measured the wheel wells to find that it's not. Ugh, now I forget what my front to rear height difference was but it was under 2.5" I believe. That's why I want a kit that will raise all 4 corners, I don't want the saggy rear, I just want a little more height and clearance for slightly larger tires eventually. Laramie packages obviously have less "rake" than other models from the factory...

Found a CHEAP kit on ebay that's both a suspension lift (spring spacers) and a 1.25" body lift. Did a little thinking on the body lift and decided nooooo way. With the tail pipes that fit under the molded bumper, plus other things, a body lift on my model truck would look horrible!

#11 ·
agreed with crash!!!!!!

#13 ·
My Pro Comp kit is number PCO LL-1030 and it's been perfect for me so far and gave it the exact look I was hoping for. The back is still a pinch higher, but i'm ok with that. Not sure how it will look with the 20 inch rims but i have the 17 inch rims and put 285 70 17 BFg All Terrains on there and it looks good and beefy. Totally changed the look of my truck...the stock 17 inch goodyears are a disgrace

#14 ·
look into Hell Bent Steel leveling kit, put the 2.5in. on mine for 70 bucks off ebay they are very nice pieces and me and my wife installed them in about 1.5 hours and after an alignment it DID NOT change the ride or handling. they go on top of your front coil assembly so you don't change your spring rate leaving ride and handling unchanged. I Highly Recommend !!!!!!

#15 ·
The hell bent steel kit is only $79. very well built, solid steel kit with black powder coating. Put my kit on in just over two hours. you only need four wrenches 15,18,21 and 24 mm hammer and pry bar. easiest lift i've ever done. I did the 2.5 inch on my 2010 1500 sport 4x4 looks awsome.

#17 ·
Listen to the other guys and go with the Hell Bent system.
But like I said a year ago, use their 3" lift. Springs get worn in after a year and the 3" will be the best for a level look. No change in ride at all. Alignment is a requirement or you will get tire wear quickly. pjd

#18 ·
+1 for the 2.5" HBS kit, very well made and easy to install. I highly recommend as well.

#20 ·
From those who ACTUALLY OWN the 5100's, have you had issues with the so called "death wobble" or vibrations in 4wd. It seems really hit and miss from truck to truck. Some seem to have issues some don't..... :4-dontknow:

Also did you do the install yourself or take to an installer.

#24 · (Edited)
the 4x4 wobble is very hit or miss, some trucks has it, some dont, you will get the wobble with the bilstein as well as the coil spacer level if your truck is one of the ones affected.... you can fix the wobble by buying high angle cv joints, Kore raceshop sells them for 799$ a pair :smileup: , what part of newfoundland are you from?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.