DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Installed the Air Lift 1000s!

4K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  richjr74 
#1 ·
It was an easy install and they worked out great! I recomend them! The directions were pretty clear and straight forward.

We picked the truck up by the rear end and set the frame on a set of jack stands. Took both back tires off and unbolted the shocks at the bottom. We carefully lowered the rear end watching the brake lines! You can pull those apart if you aren't careful!

The springs came right out with out any major drama. Didn't have to use any spring compressors or fancy tools at all.

We put the passenger side together, air bag, spacer - black plastic puck thing, factory spring isolater, air line - dont forget the little spring hose clamp on the air line or else you have to take it all back apart - Dont ask me how I know:doh:.

Pretty much re-assemble it. We ran the air line directly over to the driverside and repeated those steps. Then we cut the air line where we wanted the tee (above the driver side spring bucket) and ran the air line to the rear.

It took us a while to figure out where we wanted the inflation valve. We settled on using an existing hole in the trailer hitch. It is to the driver side of the hitch just above where the safety chain is hooked up.

We put it all back together and took it for a test drive with a good load in it.

I am really happy with them and I would recomend them to anyone who loads their truck up like I do when I go camping or wheeling.

Check them out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MESoo4sofRc

See less See more
#2 ·
Cool mod man! Great for people that do heavy lifting with ther trucks!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.