DODGE RAM FORUM banner

BDS 6" coilover with 5"rears

14K views 48 replies 16 participants last post by  Timdizzle 
#1 · (Edited)
BDS 6" coilover with 5"rears + airsuspension removal

Hi guys,

We finally started the build...
We removed the airsuspension in the back and mounted the rear
part of the BDS 6"coilover liftkit with the 5" rears...
So far fits like a glove...

I'm VERRY! happy with the new height in the rear...
next step: getting this baby dead level...

I feel like doctor Frankenstein... I'm building a monster...
I'll keep you posted..

cheers L.

Attachments

See less See more
#32 ·
Hi Jsettle,

I have the 3.92 gearring (was more luck than wisdom..)
I notice the truck needs a little more effort to do the same now...
I actually drive like an old lady, so I don't even know why it
bothers me as it does... gues it's just the fact that I know
it was snappier before..?

But even If I would have had the 3.21 gearring I would have
done exactly the same setup...

By the way I have the 6 speed.. If you have the 8 speed.. you
will probably notice less difference than me.. even with you're 3.21 gearring..

cheers,
Leon

#35 ·
Thats a beautiful truck man.. I am thinking of doing that same set up but with 35's and 18s. how did your gas mileage do with that new set up compared to stock?

#39 ·
Anyway we can help, let me know
sales@bullysperformance.com

Don't think going with a 6" vs a 4" is the right way because you see a lot of pictures.
I would do function over form rather than the reverse
Know what tire size you want to run
Ties into what gears you have as well
Know where you will be traveling to and if your truck would fit

Either way, we can help get you into the right kit for your truck and your usage :smileup:

#40 ·
Yes the mileage is effected seriously when running 37" tires.. with a 6"lift..it adds up...
* the truck needs more gas to do the same because of the bigger tires..
* more rolling resistance of the bigger tires
* more wind drag because of the extra height

Removing te airbags is as easy as removing regular coils.. ( I left the compressor and other parts in place.. under the bed...)

If I had to do it all over...

wouldn't hesitate a minute....:smileup:

#44 ·
Hey Leons great looking truck nice work.

I am wondering do you get "Service Air Suspension" warning display each time you start up your beast?

I am currently looking at 1700 CAD to fix a pinched air line in my suspension and I am very close to just ripping it all out. It is a deeply flawed and weak system.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

#46 ·
Hello all, sorry I have not been aroud for a while.
Yes the service warning is every time I start the engine but its not even half a second... I don't even notice it..
no there is no fuse or plug to undo that warning..but again.. The warning is no problem..
Best regards,
Leon,

#47 ·
A couple more answers...
Yes I have the -24 offset Feul Wheels, 25mm spacers front and 45mm spacers rear.
i have the rear spacers because I wanted the rear wheels to have the same wide stance as the front.
no the front coilovers are not maxed out.. I could lift approx an inch more.. But that would make the truck "nose high"

Thanks for all the compliments!!

Cheers
leon

#48 ·
Attn Leons, or whomever might be able to help....

Good Evening,

Sorry to bother fellas, I am basically a forumz spectator, but have seen several of these posts, and have just ordered my 6/5 BDS kit from Andrew at Bully's with the fox coil overs and rear shocks... I was just wondering if you had by chance jotted down any instructions, or procedures you took as far as removing the air ride, and installing this lift kit. I just figured I would reach out to someone who had done it, to see if you had any footnotes or anything that might make the process easier on us. If by chance you do, and you would be so kind, I would really be grateful, as I am sure you know there is no factory support from BDS since this lift kit is not intended for our trucks with the factory air ride. Any help you could offer would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Sean Maxwell

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.