DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Finally got Interior started

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Kamanhart 
#1 ·
I installed some 9 SMD festoon based bulbs in my interior a while back and came to the problem of the lights constantly staying on when i was driving so i could bring my self to post pictures with it being half assed. But i finally got around to getting fixed so i figured i would share :smileup:

Here is the trouble i was facing the lights would stay on like this until about 15 minutes after i shut my truck off.

After doing some searching i went radio shack and picked me up some 100 ohm 1 watt resistors

I got them arranged in the lights now for the time being until i can get back to my garage and pick up my soldering iron and make it more permanent

Once i got them all installed both my map lights finally worked like they were supposed to again and would come on when i clicked them and there was no lingering light but it made one hell of a difference in my inside lighting :SHOCKED:

Soon to come i have complete set of blue leds to do the dash, HVAC, overhead computer and the light dial but they are still in route that wil be another day:smileup:

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice improvement. I'm glad you were able to get the lingering light issues corrected.

Thanks for sharing

Exco

#4 ·
Where exactly did you put the resistors? Hard to tell in the pic... I also have led bulbs in my dome lights but they stay on while driving and for a little bit after I shut the truck off....

#5 ·
The resistors just go across both sides of your led im almost out of class and will snap another picture since its light outside and I dont have to try and hold a light and snap a picture. But you just put it on both ends of the led like a bridging a subwoover amp

#12 ·
Oh damn that is sketchy, you know the colored lines on the resistors tell what the actual resistance and what rating is, so if you have any left you can go here and see if you have one that will work, it seems the common decision is that 1 watt 100 ohms is the sweet spot, and just let me know if you cant get them up there in maple land and i can get you some

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.