DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Best wax?

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Grubrunner 
#1 ·
Hey wondering what everyone suggests with wax on a black ram? One buddy swears by zymbol what's everyone else like???

#3 ·
The only best wax, is the one which yields the results you like. There are several excellent products on the market and all discussed on several threads on this forum. As a starter Adams, Griots Garage and Zaino. There are of course others, but these seem to pop up and have their following.

#5 ·
Good post.

Ill add Chemical Guys to that list. Many of the products are show quality.... but they do manufacturer some stuff that's no better than OTC products, on the flip side.

The car detainers section of this board will lead you in the right direction..... and confuse the crap out of you.

#6 ·
I just waxed my truck 2 weeks ago with Surf City Garage paste wax and seem to like it pretty well. I have always used Meguires but this went on and off much smoother and gave me great results. I don't know about long term yet but I haven't washed my truck yet since then and it has stayed decently clean. SCG also makes a Nano paint seal which should also help for long lasting results.

Now that's just my option everyone has their own.

#11 ·
the best of anything is very subjective...

what are the qualities you are looking for in the "wax" you want...

maybe i can suggest something more in line with what results you are looking to achieve.

#14 ·
I just used a liquid from Carquest on my Black Ram last weekend. It goes on easy and comes off easy. In fact you can apply it to the whole truck at once and then go back and wipe it off very easily. It's called (Cherry Blush) and it shines so well I've had 3 people ask me what wax I use. I don't know how long it will last but I like it. I'm old so if I say it was easy to wax my Q-Cab with this stuff then it was. Just be sure to de-Tar it first!

Jim in Pa

#16 ·
You simply cannot beat them for bang-4-bucks.

They supply excellent products for a damn good price. Add to that, that they regularly have many, many items discounted or on sale, and it's win-win however you butter it.

I still use and keep on file about three or so of their products.

Outstanding customer service too..... should you ever have to use it.

Good call.

:smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.