DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Side Window Deflectors (Rain Guards)

7K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  rdm1465 
#1 ·
Rainy season is here so I'm looking at getting some side window deflectors. I like the idea of the weathertech ones that fit into the window channel (no tape). Anyone have any experience with these? Pros and cons of tape vs no tape etc.

Also if anyone has any pics of your Sport model with window deflectors, throw them up here.

#6 ·
I am also running avs and haven't had any issues since installed a few years ago.

I went the extra mile and had them painted as well.

Those look really nice painted. I will have to check the avs ones out.

#10 ·
I have always used Weathertech, however on my 2013 1500 CC the rears do not stay in...they have now sent three pairs and they all are too short. Parts people swear the parts are correct....fronts are fine.

#18 ·
so i went with the weathertech's. took 5 minutes to put them in... the rears seem like they'll fall out. i also purchased a set for my wifes car. the rears for the car came with these clips that make a much tighter fit... i wonder why the ram rears don't come with them???

#19 ·
I just got my Weathertech's today. The fronts installed flawlessly but the rears are too short and they are a different angle than the door frame towards the rear of the door.

At first I thought they might have sent me a set for a Quad cab but a Quad is approx 9" shorter than a Crew, is it not? These are only about an inch short.

#21 ·
I used WeatherTech on my 03 YukonXl . They were put on the day after I picked up the vehicle. I just traded it in a few days ago, and the WeatherTech's went with it. So alitttle over 10 years without issues.
I just installed the AVS on the Ram yesterday. Easy enough to do. Only time will tell if it survives. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.