DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Driver Seat Noise

11K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  14vern 
#1 ·
It's difficult to describe the sound I'm hearing from the driver seat of my 2013 Laramie, but it's not a typical squeak or sounding like something is loose. It's more of a clicking sound that could be coming from the power seat controls, but I'm not sure.

It's difficult to recreate, and of course when someone is riding with me they don't hear it. Overall it's a pretty minor issue, but right now I'm focusing more on the "annoying sound" than enjoying my new truck.

I don't know if this is related, but the message "Memory System Unavailable. Not In Park" displays a lot as if I'm pressing the memory 1 or 2 button on my seat, but I'm not. The sound happens most often when I'm turning a corner and I'm shifting my weight in my seat, but it doesn't happen all the time. I can bounce on the seat, shake it, move all around and I can hardly ever recreate to sound.

Has anyone else experienced this?

#2 ·
Have had the same problem for 6+ months. For me its a 'clunk' noise that only happens on right turns. I have the manual seat, no power. Originally it would happen 1 or 2 times a week and I thought it was something moving around in the storage behind the seat or in the door so I emptied the truck out but it still happened. It got worse over time and now happens almost every right turn I take especially over a small bump or dip in the road. I've tightened the bolts holding the seat down but no change. Now I think its the bottom of the seat. If I lean forward during a turn so my weight is on the bottom of the seat only I can hear and feel it. Seems like it is something on the bottom of the seat. I'm going to remove some of the plastic and see if I can poke around a little bit to see if I can see something loose or something that needs to be greased. I'll post up with what I find.

#7 ·
Took the truck to the dealer today...

"FOUND THE TSB 23-011-09 APPLICABLE TO VEHICLE. TRIED TO TORQUE FASTENERS TO SOLVE PROBLEM BUT PROBLEM STILL EXISTS. TSB STATES TO REPLACE SEAT ADJUSTER ASSEMBLY"

You can check the TSB here:

https://cda.extra.chrysler.com/icon/sqwrp/files/2301109.pdf

Interesting that the TSB is from '09 but my truck was built '11, think this would have been fixed by then? Also, TSB states: This bulletin applies to vehicles with sales codes (JP8 or JRT) and built before March 13, 2009 (MDH 0313XX).

Part has 2 week lead time so I'll take it back then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.