DODGE RAM FORUM banner

ventilated seats

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  cpogut78 
#1 ·
What's up with the ram site? All of the options aren't on the site so im not sure which model 1500 id like.

Ok for example. ... which models come with the full leather seats that are heated and ventilated? ?

Which models can I get a rambox on?
Rear sliding window standard?
What models have the premium sound systems?

Truck looks amazing but I wish I knew which model I liked.

#2 ·
From what my research has shown, any ram with leather will have heated and ventilated seats. The power sliding window is standard in most lines. Rambox is an option to add to any ram. The upgraded stereo is available on the higher end models, starting with at least the big horn edition. Shoot, just look at the brochure if you really want to know for sure.

#3 ·
Ahhh I Shouldve grabbed one when I was at the dealer. Alot of the trucks say leather trimmed... and ive seen the seats with the leather just on the a sides of the seats and cloth in the middle. So I guess the bug horn isnt part of their high end since they told me the sport is the lowest on the lineup list to be fully loaded. I just want to be sure because I never trust what the dealer says... and it was a jeep dealer anyway.

#5 ·
. . . Alot of the trucks say leather trimmed... and ive seen the seats with the leather just on the a sides of the seats and cloth in the middle. . . .
Those seats are actually "leatherette", in other words high end vinyl. They are the standard seats on the Sport which is one step down from the Laramie. Leather trimmed seats are an option on the Sport which includes ventilated and heated front seats. I found the Canadian website (at least for 2013) did a much better job of describing what each model comes with or can come with. One of the salesmen I was dealing with told me the Sports seats were leather & cloth. I later found out that wasn't the case when I was looking at the Canadian and saw a full description of each seat type. I found out the same thing with the rear seats on the Laramie. The rear seats on the Laramie are "leatherette". The only models that come with real leather rear seats are the Longhorn and Limited. My brochure actually has the correct information it states for the standard Sport seats "Cloth/vinyl-trimmed high-back bucket seats".

As far as the premium 8.4a(n) radio, all models from the ST on up can get it either as an option or standard from the Sport on up.

The power rear sliding window is standard on all but the Tradesman, Express and HFE models. The manual rear sliding window is an option on the Tradesman and Express, but only on the regular cabs. The power sliding window is only available on the Quad or Crew cabs.

The Ramboxes are an option on all models with the 5'7" and 6'4" beds.

The above information applies to my 2013 brochure. Ram might have changed it up a bit for the 2014s. The most accurate information will come from your dealer.

#7 ·
Nope, the optional Sport seats that are vented and heated are leather in the front.

The Longhorn and Limited do include leather in the rear and likely that is leather facing panels with vinyl trim. Very few full leather interiors are all leather...someone else can likely confirm this that has more experience.

The standard Sport seat that is vinyl trimmed with cloth insert looks a lot like leather so many dealers say it's leather trimmed. They would be wrong. They are great seats but not vented...I think you can get heated seats in the standard setup but if it's vented, it's leather.

#8 ·
I'm not willing to disassemble my Longhorn's seats to see if the sides are leatherette. I think when they say "leather trimmed" it means the seating surfaces only. In the brochure all models except Longhorn & Limited state for the leather option that the seats are leather trimmed. On the Longhorn it states "Premium leather with laser-etched design, high-back ventilated and heated bucket seats, includes power 10-way driver and power 6-way passenger, power lumbar adjuster, premium full-length floor console, 115-volt auxiliary power outlet, heated 2nd-row seats. Includes 60/40 split-folding premium leather with laser-etched design rear bench seat with underseat storage (available only with Canyon Brown color)" You can choose to not get the laser etching as an option.

The brochure doesn't mention that the standard Sport seats are heated so I have to believe they aren't. I think you have to step up to the leather seats which do say that they are heated and ventilated. I was originally set on getting a Sport before I had my Longhorn built. I liked the Sport's standard seats enough that I wasn't going to get the leather. Living in Arizona I really didn't wan't leather. I had never tried ventilated leather though and when I started shopping it was January. When there were still too many restrictions on what I could get on the Sport I went with the Longhorn instead so I had no choice on whether or not I wanted leather. Now having gone through an entire summer with them, I would get the leather again as long as it's ventilated. I might actually get to use the heated seats a few times this winter also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.