DODGE RAM FORUM banner

iPhone only playing iTunes!??!

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  sprockets 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Before the last update, when I would connect my iphone and play other apps that have sound (pandora, you tube, police scanner etc) the sound would come out just fine, either through bluetooth or through the aux. Now the only thing that i can get to play is the music in my iTunes.

I press pause on the screen and of course everything stops including the other apps on my iphone. I press play and of course iTunes starts playing.

How do I get iTunes to NOT play but allow the other apps to output sound?

I am going nuts trying to make this work like it used to.

#2 ·
I had that happen. I shut the phone all the way down, restarted, and problem solved. iPhones can be weird that way and more often then not a restart solves the problem. You have to push your home and off button together until it shuts down. wait about 20 seconds and start it back up. Hope this helps you.

#6 ·
I restarted my phone and it worked.. for a day.

The next day I plugged my phone in and immediately the music started playing from iTunes. I pressed the pause button on the ram screen and that effectively muted everything else on the iphone. I would press play again on the ram screen and for a small second I would hear the other app (police scanner) play then the music would start OVER the app so I can hear both the app AND the music at the same time.

How FRUSTRATING!!!

Anyone?????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.