DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Behind the grille blue LEDs [pics]

6K views 37 replies 26 participants last post by  backwoods09 
#1 ·
Hey guys I know I haven't been around for a while but man it has been a crazy time... But I would like to share with y'all this:

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Looks awesome, but be careful with running them while your going down the road. Most states have laws prohibiting Red, Blue lights being visible while the vehicle is in motion...

But it looks awesome man...

Here is a link that may help you a little http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/TN/htm/TN.547.htm#547.305

It is some of the laws pertaining to vehicles, I would have looked for the actual section that applies to your vehicle, but I just got home from work... Check with a local police officer if you have any questions, they will be able to assist you with how the laws actually apply in your state... Just speaking from experience before I got into police work I had a show truck that had blue lights. I was hit head on by a drunk driver and when the state trooper got there he saw the remnants of my blue lights in the grill and corners and cited me for them, even though I was not at fault, or even displaying the lights when the crash happened I still had to appear in court...

#19 ·
FUNNY YOU SHOULD MENTION LAWS AGAINST LEDS... I SEE YOU LIVE IN FLORIDA TOO. DO YOU THINK YOU COULD SHED SOME LIGHT ON MY PROBLEM? I GOT SOME OLD RETIRED COP THAT HASSLES ME KNOW & THEN WHEN HE DRIVES BY MY HOUSE AND SEES ME WRENCHING ON MY TRUCK. ALL BECAUSE I HAVE SOME BLUE LED STRIPS THAT RUN & DOWN THE PILLARS, THEYRE FOR THE ALARM & ARE ONLY ON WHEN THE ALARM IS ON. HE HASSLES ME SAYING THAT IM IMPERSONATING A SARGENT OR HIGH RANKING OFFICER THAT ONLY USE BLUE LIGHTS & HOW HES GONNA REPORT ME & SO ON. I KNOW THEY CANT BE ON WHILE ON THE ROAD BUT IS IT STILL ILLEGAL TO HAVE THEM ON WHILE PARKED??? HELP ME OUT WITH THIS PLEASE. :4-dontknow:

#13 ·
It's hard not to turn them on at night =)

I will have to talk to a local police officer and see whats up...

I got another mod posting pics tomorrow hopefully or later on today we'll see.

I guess I'm gonna need a switch since they are running along with my fogs.

#14 ·
Man that looks awesome to bad the POPO will be on ya for using it though!! Hahah its something i would like to do but id rather pic a different color so i can drive with them on :smileup:

The blue looks so nice though!

#16 ·
Looks pretty cool! Good job man

#23 ·
:smileup:All i can say.....................Another saweet mod. Man it looks great.

#24 ·
It looks nice if you lived back in 90's i thought neon lights are way over with...I dont know why everyone likes them that much...I am not talking about led's but neons is something i see on riced out cars....Just the other night i saw one of those license plate frames in neon i havent seen that in ages (I want one of those)lol

#25 ·
Any tips ? I have juice to the tail light relay, but when I turn the lights on, the headlights come on, but the tail lights don't. I can take the relay out, jump the terminals and they will come on. Does one of the terminals go to the switch, or where do they go ? their are 4 of them. anyone with a schematic? Thanks Dana 2002 Ram 1500.......

#27 ·
Its not the relay, or any connection, if I jump the two wires to complete the tail light cir-cut, it works. The wire that goes to the switch must be bad, or the ground to the relay. I looked at it for a short time. Its no a biggie, I up in Maine visiting my son, its his truck. I rebuilt the engine the last time I was here, complete, new pistons, rings, chains, oil pump, etc. It started right up, and runs great. Standard pistons, it blew the head gasket. I'm not a fan of the 4.7 although it does sound quiet. I used to enjoy racing a 440 back in the day. Thanks for your reply..........Dana the newbie....lol.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.