• Chevy

Votes: 348 46.8%

If you had to: Ford or Chevy Trucks

43K views 373 replies 308 participants last post by  bryan28 
#1 ·
If you had to drive a Ford or Chevy trucks which would it be

Reactions: hemiv8dodgeram1500
#2 · (Edited)
Well, if it came down to push vs. shove, (sorry, no pun intended), in the event the Ram somehow, through some catastrophic mis-event was errr, no longer available, I'd have to put my money on the Chevy Silverado, not a bad truck there, and looks good, too! :smileup:

- Cajun :pepper:

Reactions: hemiv8dodgeram1500
#35 ·
I grew up with a '69 F-100! (Red w/ White) I got hit by a '68 Cougar (he failed to yield) and put an end to it's days (for us). It's a good thing dad was with me - I don't think he'd have believed me otherwise!

Dad sold the carcass to our trash man and he fixed it up! It had over 200k on it before the wreck and when he brought it back to show my dad it had already been to central Mexico twice! Dad said he knew the exhaust note when it rounded the end of the street nearly 1/2 a mile away!

#100 ·
No complaints?!?!?!?!!? you complained twice in the statement directly above it. Call me Captain Obvious I guess! :gy:

#12 ·
:smiledown: Neither i would walk first.:LOL: I guess it would be a chev

#21 ·
I learned to drive in a 2000 S-10 and called it my own for about 3 years. Until I went to Pontiac for a while. The S-10 is a good truck, it is still sitting in the family's driveway as a secondary vehicle. I also voted Chevy, but I would get brother of chevy, GMC. :)

#15 ·
well, I have an old C10 and I love the looks of the silverados. But if we are talking new trucks (post 2005) in my opinion the f series trucks are alot better quality. I know alot of company's (oilfield companys) that have the top 3 in their fleet. We have a turbo ram 3500 that is just insane. But National Oilwell Varco has new silverados and everyone that got a new one hates them because they say they are cheaply built and have nothing but tranny problems. I still don't have any negative comments on the f series. Gotta love the sync too. But if we are talking Pre 2005. Chevy is hard to beat. Thank the good lord Dodge isn't gettin rid of the Ram any time soon though :) But due to new quality I voted Ford

#17 ·
ford for me all the way,although there seems to be alot more stuff for chevys!!!!

#22 ·
Toss up. I have owned several fords before, but never a truck, and liked them. However I didn't even consider an F-150 before buying the Ram.

Part of that was due to how much a disliked the Ford dealer near me after buying my wife's car a year ago. They tried to extort and extra $500 from us after the sale was complete. Said they wouldn't process the title until we paid. I wrote a letter to the BBB and Ford customer service and offered to bring it back for a full refund despite the 1000 miles we already put on it. Suddenly the dealership took care of it.

#24 ·
Chevy. I had a 2000 Silverado before my current Ram and I have to admit it was a great truck. With 120,000 miles on it still started and ran like new. Darn Silverados just sit too low to the ground, kinda looks likes like my grandpas truck.

#28 ·
I have owned three Fords and 1 GM..... My Fords were reliable, low running cost as far as repairs. Even with the Twin I hate those Beams suspension and the ball joint life. I was not going to buy a new GM truck, Our work units have all the classic gm treats. Ball joints,cv shaft breakage,wheel bearings, altenators fail around 40 months, intake gasket failure, heater plenum box issues $$$$$, Steering shaft wear out at around 40 months, Door hinge slop at 36 months. ABS lights related to the wheel bearings. GM needs to fix their issues to make a good ride again.( they just keep producing weak defective parts) The pick ups from the mid 90's were better built as far as longevitive goes.

#37 ·
That's a good one!:smileup: I believe I read somewhere that the trucks that had the highest percentage still registered was Dodge. I live in the salt belt, Maine, and it seems a lot of old Dodges still out there working, even my mechanic, a Chevy truck owner, said that Dodges seem to resist the ravages of salt better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.