DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Mygig 430 RBZ update

18K views 44 replies 15 participants last post by  11Blkpearlsport5.7 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2011 RAM w 430 RBZ radio. I cannot use iPod control for my iPhone 5 or 6th gen nano when connected to USB port in glovebox. Anyone know where I can download a software update? I currently have app 20.02.01.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Help!!!!! Update problems

I tried the update on my 430 rbz radio. The software was 20. And i did the 50.update. After going through the prompts and the blue bars going across the screen the screen went blank and after a long while ram logo comes up for a few minutes goes blank a few minutes and so on. I let this run for quite a while with no change. I pulled the fuse waited quite a while put it back on same deal. I tried lowering the screen and pushing down key combinations to eject the disk and nothing seems to work there. So, is there any hope for my stereo? I've tried three times to pull the fuse and wait. I have to manually lower the screen and still have not been able to eject the cd. Any thoughts or ideas i would greatly appreciate as my dealer was no help (had no clue how to manually eject disk on 430 rbz and wouldn't call anybody) at this point if i have to buy a new stereo i probably won't find a good enough deal to stay stock and i don't want to go back to 130.

Thanks

jed

#9 ·
I tried the update on my 430 rbz radio. The software was 20. And i did the 50.update. After going through the prompts and the blue bars going across the screen the screen went blank and after a long while ram logo comes up for a few minutes goes blank a few minutes and so on. I let this run for quite a while with no change. I pulled the fuse waited quite a while put it back on same deal. I tried lowering the screen and pushing down key combinations to eject the disk and nothing seems to work there. So, is there any hope for my stereo? I've tried three times to pull the fuse and wait. I have to manually lower the screen and still have not been able to eject the cd. Any thoughts or ideas i would greatly appreciate as my dealer was no help (had no clue how to manually eject disk on 430 rbz and wouldn't call anybody) at this point if i have to buy a new stereo i probably won't find a good enough deal to stay stock and i don't want to go back to 130.

Thanks

jed
From what I have been reading you have to go in steps. 20 to 30, 30 to 50. Some others went 20 to 50 and they had a hard time getting the radios to work if ever. That would suck.

#21 ·
If you attempted to go straight to 50.xx, then you've locked the radio up and it's now a nice door stop. You needed to go in steps because of the SW versions that the 50.xx is looking for to update. The update is actually only for 23.xx on.

Thanks

jed

#8 ·
I have the RER 730 radio, they were the ones just before the RHR, both have the high speed can bus system, 2009 - 2012 models, the same as your RBZ 430, ( only with Navigation )

I was updating my software & i didn't let the update fully finish, the cd got stuck & nothing worked.
i tried everything short of pulling out the radio & taking it into a radio shop

Then i remembered reading an article about the radio being some how tied into the Climate Control system & i started pushing buttons & turning knobs on the CC & radio
I hit the right combination & the CD finally ejected

I wrote about it in one of my posts

another member mentioned holding the eject button in for 20 seconds

another member wrote
Emergency eject of stuck discs - Homemade CD-Rs or DVD-Rs that were poorly formatted may confuse the system, causing the disc to become jammed. On radios with software version 9.041 or later, you can force the disc to eject using a combination of keys. First make sure the display is open. Then, for an RER radio, hold the NAV button while pressing SEEK UP and SEEK DOWN at the same time. For an REN radio, hold the AUDIO button while pressing SEEK UP and SEEK DOWN at the same time. If discs frequently jam, using high quality media and better �burning� software to create the discs may solve the problem

other members mentioned disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes

let us know if any of these work for you

#11 ·
Help!!!

Ok, i tried and retried the steps you mentioned above and had a buddy read your tips and try them and nothing. I must've bricked it i guess. I called a different dealership and they told me they usually have to have someone connect the battery while they push the eject key and they get the cd out before it tries to boot from cd. This did not work either. I am going to take it out tonight and put in my old 130 in. No more uconnect and xm until i get this fixed. Any suggestions on a new head unit? Stay mopar or what's working well in the aftermarket world?

Thanks again for help/input

jed

#14 ·
CherryRam, the RBZ unit doesn't have to be updated by the dealership as me and other forum members have updated our RBZ units. Unless they have done something within the last couple of days so it can't be done. As for the RBZ unit not being a MyGIG unit... I think it is, it just doesn't have the navigation. I could be wrong on both of these and if so I hope someone corrects me, don't want to lead other members in the wrong direction. 4Play1 good to hear you got yours updated.

#18 ·
So I was able to find updates, and went 20>33>50. All good on that front. I am still have issues with the ipod interface. Unit displays reading for several moments, and then "error occurred". I have tried both my 6th gen nano, and iPhone 5 ios7. Both of these devices, and cables worked fine on my 10' Ram 1500 RES 130 uconnect interface. I went to the dealership tonight for assistance to no avail. While the service rep went to check further updates I turned bluetooth off on the phone, and was able to get the ipod integration working. I connect my nano, and it was working. Reconnected iPhone ipod integration was working again. I turned bluetooth back on, and everything was working. Rep returned plugged in his video iPod, and it worked. Went back to my nano, and same issue reappeared "error occurred". Came home, and deleted all bluetooth device pairings, and tried just nano. Still not working. Pulled battery cable trying to reset unit, but still didn't work. Called Chrysler support, and they said my devices were more than likely not compatible. Anyone else have any experience with this?

#25 ·
I just applied the uconnect update for the bluetooth streaming, and it sounds perfect now. I am looking for one final update with instructions to complete the update. Gracenotes does not display any album artwork when playing music from hard drive. I have database BA1. I see most everyone else with database D9F. How do I get this update, and install it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.