DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2013 Dodge Ram 1500 3.6L air intake question

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Ruggasaurus88 
#1 ·
I have 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 V6 with 3.6L, is there a air intake module that I can put underneath the hood? I have looked everywhere and couldn't find any

#4 · (Edited)
I suspect "performance" parts will eventually trickle in, but I wouldn't expect much. The big selling point of this engine package is it's fuel economy so it will appeal to a segment of people that are likely not interested in performance add-on products.

This was the same issue with the non eco-boost V6 in the F-150's. You could get an intake but that was about it. Programmers were in the pipeline from at least one manufacturer, but I think the the same issue (targeted at mileage conscious buyers) affected that model. I had my V6 F-150 for two years. I only added an intake (more on a whim than anything) and it had no real effect (you really need to go all in with exhaust and a programmer IMO). When I traded it in for my Ram, the situation was about the same as when I bought it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.