DODGE RAM FORUM banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2014 status updates - where are you?

713K views 7K replies 491 participants last post by  J5755 
#1 ·
According to my dealer I am at D1. Anyone know what exactly that means? I emailed CS on tuesday and they sent me a VIN. My order was placed 7/5 for a CC sport 2wd, no air ride.

Has anyone progressed past D1 yet?

#385 ·
Got some good news.....dealer called and said the truck will be at the local rail yard on Tuesday. He is going to do his best to get it delivered to the dealer Wednesday morning and I should be able to pick her up Wednesday afternoon. Just in the nick of time too...I leave for my annual deer hunting trip Friday.

#386 ·
Is that your 1st order or the second order the dealer made when he changed your color? I'm guessing my truck will be on the train with yours as the dealer said it would be at the dealership on Thursday (9/26). That would be sweet if it's the second order with the true blue color! Quick turnaround on the build. I'm definitely looking forward to it getting here.

#387 ·
That's the first one, the black one. The Second order is still in D status. I kept going back and forth with the color choice. I really like both, but the more I see the black and silver the more I like it. I wont lie...the fact that it will be here a month sooner may have affected my decision.

I live about 10 min from the Kent rail yard...I am going to take a drive by on Tue afternoon (the day it is due in) and see if I can see it. I will try to get a couple pics if I can do so without being arrested. I will look for yours too...

#392 ·
According to the dealer mine is on it's way. They had a shipment dropped off this morning and another one coming this afternoon and the driver said mine is on the afternoon truck. I couldn't sleep last night thinking about it!

#394 ·
Once you get your vin number you shoudl be able to look it up online within a week. That was my experience at least. I was able to request my build sheet once it hit production.

#398 ·
Ok, I exchanged e-mail with Customer Service today...

I ordered my 1500 quad cab sport, 3.92 with air suspension and assorted tasty bits on August 6th. It shipped last week. My truck is scheduled to arrive at the Dealer on 9/30. Less than two months from order to delivery. If that actually happens, I will be a very happy customer! After reading all the tales of woe on this forum from the '13 orders (air suspension, 8-speed) I had prepared myself for a Thanksgiving delivery.

WHOOP WHOOP!

#401 ·
Thank you for the dates. Can you please list all the dates of your notifications. Some of the important ones I'm looking for is when you were notifed of your truck being schedlued for productions and when the production actually started.
Thanks in advance.
VOTS
Scheduled - 8/30
Build - 9/16
Shipped - 9/23

The email messages were way behind the actual VOTS website. Obviously, the email notification on 9/26 said 2 weeks to delivery and my truck was already at the dealer.

#404 ·
I did hear about the delay today but wasn't told why. My truck is now supposed to be at the dealership on 09/30. Had to cancel an appointment I made for Monday to have the 3M hood protectant installed and the spray in liner. I guess that will teach me to get the cart ahead of the horse

#406 ·
I did hear about the delay today but wasn't told why. My truck is now supposed to be at the dealership on 09/30. Had to cancel an appointment I made for Monday to have the 3M hood protectant installed and the spray in liner. I guess that will teach me to get the cart ahead of the horse
Yeah, pick mine up on the 30th too.

#407 ·
If your truck isn't on the railcar, may I recommend that you not pay attention to the estimated dates.?.?.?

Yesterday I spoke with my dealer and he told me to not count on the estimated dates. He stated he's seen his order just sit at the plant, waiting to get loaded, to miss the estimated railcar load date by weeks. He said if it got loaded within a few days of the original estimate, I would be lucky.

So far, my estimated railcar load date has been moved back 3 times, as has the deliver to dealer estimate... I'm expecting it to happen again tomorrow...

BTW, when it misses the estimate, what seems to happen is that all the estimates move back one day, but keeps the same estimated time... Also, all my estimated times are basically on the 1/2hr... Load on railcar @ plant 10:32pm CDT.. railcar interchange @ Eagle Pass 3:32 pm CDT.. railcar interchange @ East St Louis 2:32am ...... All future estimates happen on the 1/2 hr... I think Ram just fills these estimated date and times in as place holders or something, so they really aren't true estimates; being that they keep missing them.

#416 ·
Mine is on the railcar and the railcar is moving! To bad it's moving further south, deeper into Mexico.. It was load in Saltillo, and currently is just outside of Mexico City... I'm guessing that it'll turn north again, some time tomorrow, because it's due in Eagle Pass, TX on the 29th...

#419 ·
RAM C/S told me my ship date was 9/26. I called last week and they said it was really 9/27. It was ordered 8/27 and I thought this is too quick. VOTS shows on 9/28:
Current Vehicle Status : Production Scheduled
Your vehicle order has been verified and is scheduled to be produced in our assembly plant.

So I'll believe its mine when I sign for it. This system doesn't seem to be very accurate. I had to wait 7 weeks for a replacement transmission (while waiting Chrysler ordered me a 2014) and no one could give a delivery date on the transmission OR new truck. Guess the system is out of control and trucks come to the dealer when they do. Not a thing, just looking forward to getting the new truck and getting my 5th wheel mount installed as I haven't been in my trailer for 3 months!... Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.