DODGE RAM FORUM banner

OBX Headers?

13K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  chefred112 
#1 ·
I've seen these headers with catted (sorta) y-pipe on EvilBay. I read on other forums about other vehicles that they were ok, but the 500 bucks for longtubes makes me leery. Does anyone have any knowledge of them or if they are ok? I'm not a cheapskate by any means, but if I can find a part for cheaper and it works, I'm all for it.

#21 ·
I had them in the first months they were fine I selling them now I felt that my new headers are better once i start driving the truck tell you more info

#6 ·
Yea I was looking at those as well. I just needed a set of cats not the resonators they have. If you have emission laws then those aren't going to really work. I guess you can always get that kit and then go with some Magnaflow cats.

#8 · (Edited)
I've had the OBX LT on my Lightning for 3yrs, I bought them off ebay as well. Back then they were $375 shipped. Those headers are great, they are Dyna Tech knockoffs. The only suggestion I make is don't use the hardware that comes with them, get new clamps, gaskets and header bolts, got mine from summit racing. Other than that everything went on smooth and the sound is amazing!

BTW get the locking header bolts, so you never have to go back to tighten them.

#10 ·
Exactly, it was a hidden little secret till the Lightning guys went on a group buy and bought 300 sets!!! Then prices started jumping, they come with hi flow cats now from what I hear, still a good deal at $500.

#23 ·
YES BUY THEM Very good investment and snap on tool has a piston puller to user to remove the clips made my lifer easy did this 4 times

#17 ·
it's defenitly a 2 man job... My ARH's took me and my bud 8hrs to complete them. the reason it tooks so long is cause there was no instructions so we just had to wing it and we ran into a ton of snags. Here is a link to my right up on the ARH's install. http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=54302

#19 ·
so did you ever install them and how did it go?

#20 ·
i installed a set on my 05 probably a month ago now, me and my roommate had them one in about 6 hours including removing a broken stud. as for quality they are fantastic the welds are great and solid materials just make sure you get the 4x4 cross over pipe or you will have to modify to get around the transfer case.

#24 ·
I've used OBX Headers on VW's multiple times, Hondas and LS Engines. Great quality for the price.

I highly recommend you send them out to get the flanges surfaced, to make sure they are flat. Use quality gaskets from Cometic and Stage 8 fasteners, and your golden. I would run these, but I am in CA, and need smog legal pipes.

#25 ·
I've had a couple friends install them on their rams...they are good looking and we haven't see anything wrong with them so far...and this was years ago..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.