DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Added to lift and ordered new wheels and tires!

4K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  RAMinwil 
#1 ·
Hey guys, what's up. Well here goes on a pretty long post! I have had a CST 4'' lift on for 6-8 months and finally upgraded to a 6'' and ordered new tires and wheels also. Here is a pic of my truck stock at ride height, and then how the truck looked with the 4'' spindles and 1.5'' rear spacer.

I ordered my tires and wheels from Andrew at Bully's. They should hopefully be here within the next few days. I got my AMP steps from him a few months ago and had a great experience. They beat all prices I could find on the internet with both of my purchases. For the tires, I went with the Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 35x12.50r20. And the wheels are going to be black Fuel Mavericks 20x9 +1mm offset. I also ordered some BORA 1.75" wheel adapters for the rear wheels. I went with the 1.75 so I hopefully wouldn't have to cut my stock studs. I know with the 1.5'', you have to trim a little off the studs to get the new wheels on. The front wheels were pushed out just a little over 1.5'' with the new spindles, so hopefully that quarter inch in the back wont be noticeable. I will have some solid info on those when they come in in a couple weeks.

Adding to my lift, I used a 2'' Daystar spacer up front. And out back, I did away with the 1.5'' CST billet spacer and went with the Pro Comp 4.5'' lift kit with Bilsteins. I finished up yesterday, and will get my alignment done tomorrow. I took some fender measurements after install, but I drove it about 25 miles to let everything settle in for the alignment, and seems to have settled about a 1/2'' in the front. Front: 42.25'' Rear: 43"

And here are some pics after the lift install.

I know you guys like pictures, hell who doesn't! If you have a 2wd and are wanting to know anything, I will do my best to answer any questions. Thanks!

See less See more
Reactions: brandonjansen
#3 ·
great looking truck...nice install

Reactions: 012RAMbo
#4 ·
Thanks guys!

#5 ·
Update: Got the alignment and wheels and tires put on this morning. Drives great, no vibrations and these tires are quiet. I can only hear them, barely, at highway speeds.

#7 ·
#9 ·
Thanks Brandon. I have always liked them from when I first started looking months ago. Then I got overwhelmed looking at so many different ones, I finally decided on these. Clean and simple look.

#10 ·
Ya I know what you mean. I've probably changed my mind about 3 or 4 times since on what I want to run on my 3500 and I'm sure I'll change it again. I think what I might end up doing is printing out some pictures of all the ones I'm considering, hanging them up on the wall in my office, and them start to eliminate the ones I get sick of first.

I agree that I like the simple look of them though. Nice and clean looking and much easier to wash as well :smiley_thumbs_up:

#18 ·
Thanks bro! B pillar tape took literally 10 minutes. Get out there and do it!

#20 ·
I know, that sucks man. Hope that's what your issue is though. I don't see it being anything else than a defective unit though. Doesn't make sense. Unless you could take it to a local place and let them look at for you. Wouldn't hurt anything..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.