DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2010 Ram: Max Tires w/ No Rubbing

2K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 ·
I am sure this has been covered on here before so please forgve me if it has. I have tried searching in various places and I can't find the answer I am lookng for. Now to the question at hand....

I have a 2010 Ram SLT quad cab w/ 4wd. I currently have Bilsteins on the front and set at the 2.1in setting(the second setting from the top).

I am in the market for new wheels and tires. For the wheels I am looking the Mamba M2X in 18in x 9. Like these: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=M2X898519BMF&wheelMake=Mamba&wheelModel=M2X&wheelFinish=Machined+w%2FBlack+Accent&showRear=no&autoMake=Dodge&autoModel=Ram+1500+SLT+4wd&autoYear=2010&autoModClar=Quad+Cab&filterFinish=All&filterSize=18&filterBrand=Mamba&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

For the tires I would like BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KOs: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO

Any idea what is the biggest tire in that brand I can fit on that wheel with no rubbing?

I am considering the LT275/70R18. I am thinking they are the best choice for the size/money. They are $209 vs $290+ for the next size up and looking on a conversion calculator aren't that big of a difference in size. Would the LT275/70R18 tires fit with no rubbing at full lock up in either direction?

I have no idea if the wheels have any sort of offset and whether or not it even comes into pla here.....

See less See more
#2 ·
With 9" wide rims you should be able to go +19 on offset and fit 275/285 without rubbing. Wider and you are going to need more offset.

#5 ·
They will stick out about half an inch.

#6 ·
1/2in isn't bad. That I can live with. I just hate to spend the money on new wheels and tires only to have them rub. I see people do that all the time and just live with it and it just ends up being a waste of money. Thank you again sir for the input.

#7 ·
Post up some pics when it's done.

#9 · (Edited)
This is how far my 275's stuck out on the stock 20's that had +19 offset.

I don't like mine sticking too far out. So I went with +25 on 17's with my 285's. Hopefully this will give you an idea of what to expect.

#10 ·
Thank you for the pictures. I meant that I wish I had stock pics of my truck. Haha. It sat like a 2wd. Horrible.

So I'm not sure if it's the angle or what, but in the 1st picture with the 275s on the 20s with +19 offset, it looks like they stick out quite a bit further than 1/2in. Is it the camera angle or did they stick out more like 4-6in? The wheels I want are +19 offset and I definitely don't want them out that far. Any idea how wide those 20s were? The wheels I want are 18 x 9, so if they 20s were an inch or 2 wider, would that account for them sticking out so far in your picture as opposed to the 1/2in you thought they might stick out on my truck?

#11 ·
It's the angle. I don't have a better pic but they are only passed the fender about 1/2".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.