DODGE RAM FORUM banner

L&M R/T 392- Stage Two

10K views 71 replies 21 participants last post by  audio1der 
#1 · (Edited)
For those who don't know that there was a Stage One, which was essentially a 392 crate motor with an HHP tune, you can read the details about that right here:

http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=148005

Stage Two will be documented on this thread. Here's the list:

• L&M Y-Pipe
  • Ridetech Coilovers Front/Rear
  • Brembo Brakes Front/Rear (SRT8 Brembos/Stock Rotors)
  • L&M Adjustable Sway Bars Front/Rear
  • L&M Adjustable Control Arms (Front-Upper/Lower)
  • L&M Adjustable Panhard Bar
  • MCG Drop Spindles
  • Custom Steering Wheel w/2013 Gear Shifting
  • MOMO Shorty Column Shifter
  • Thermostat Controlled Oil Cooler
  • 4.56 Final Drive with G2 Diff Cover
  • Painted Fender Flares
  • L&M Driveshaft Loop
  • L&M Built Transmission
  • HHP Tune- Round Two (Optimized Fuel Tables)

Here's a few pics of the suspension components which are being installed today with a proposed finish date of next Saturday:

See less See more
#36 ·
Very nice build sir. Two thumbs up for you and mike on an excellent build. Did you ever go back to hhp for more tuning?

#40 ·
Mike at L&M worked something out with Ridetech on the coilovers and he does the swaybars, adjustable control arms and rebuilt transmissions himself. Reach out to him and I'm sure he can get you what you require.

As for supercharging, not for me. This motor has plenty of pep to satisfy me!

#42 ·
soooo jelly.. wish i could take that motor and see what she does through some trials and mud O.O

#46 ·
Sorry guys, but work has me traveling today so no video update just yet. But video or not, it's going to be tough to demonstrate just how amazing this truck handles the twisties now. She corners like she's on rails and doesn't rattle your teeth over bumps. Credit the RideTech adjustable coilovers and L&M sways here.

I think I may actually like my suspension better than the 392 now.

#52 ·
I got a tire shop to do the alignment. But it still came out negative for castor and camber. The truck drives straight but seems like the tires tuck in a bit still towards the top. I just want to figure it out. The belltech 2/4 ha been giving me nothing but problems. Sits sweet though:/ sad panda lol any ideas???

#55 ·
Never even realized the thread takeover lol but it's just the alignment that's really bothering me the front wheels stick more in towards the tops. I haven't done the rear panhard relocate kit yet. They are sending me one so that will fix the back end that's a little uneven side to side and my end link bolts were to short. The only other problem is when I put load on the truck quickly it makes a weird noise. End links I hope.

#56 ·
Might just be the springs getting seated, check the shocks to make sure the top bolts are tightened properly. Mine made a squeak because of that until I tightened down the bolt where it needed to, that was my fault, I didn't have a wrench that could get back there and hold onto the bolt. Also the squeak my be a result of when your axle is shifting because you don't have that relocation bracket as well. I have the adjustable pan-hard bar so it stays nice and centered unloaded and drops properly when weight is in the bed. An alignment at your dealership can fix the negative camber you're talking about though. I'm surprised you got bad end link bolts. Belltech is a very reputable company but they seem to be making a lot of mistakes with these Rams, and considering they're owned by KW Suspensions who does great set-ups for Euro cars like VW and BMW it surprises me how much they've let the ball drop on this so to speak.

#57 ·
Thread jack indeed! LOL

In my opinion, our Rams are very difficult to align once the front gets dropped. So for me, if I was going to do it, I wanted adjustability. This is why I had Mike at L&M create the adjustable upper control arms for me as well as the adjustable panhard bar. Lastly, the adjustable coilovers were chosen to let us dial in via corner weighting. Now, have you ever seen the stock shock from the front of our Rams? It literally offers around four inches of shock travel before the bump stop. So if you lower via springs, you will lose 50% of your travel and this your ride.

All that being said, and if it were me, I'd remove the Belltech kit and sell it. Then I'd buy the MCG front drop spindles only and the adjustable control arms and panhard bar from L&M. You can then choose whatever rear drop spring you like, I prefer Ground Force. With this, you would have complete adjustability and absolutely zero noise.

If you like, I can help you out with Mike at L&M since I have a spare pair of factory control arms, the entire MCG rear drop kit and a Ground Force rear spring/shock kit. This would save you some money and help me clear out my garage!

#58 ·
Well a thread jack wasn't intended lol... Sorry haha and IDWB thanks for the advice, belltech has been a night mare for me which is a let down because I have always referred to them. And I know exactly what you mean by that rear shock bolt, it was a real mother trucker to get at. I think mine are tight but I'll check and get my arse on that panhard bar ASAP. And Ironchef I.just seen your awesome sway bar set up and suspension. Then it rattled me to think about mine on my 12 RT. Your truck is set up intensely awesome. I would love to have a similar set up on mine forsure. But I don't know where to get that stuff fabricated or bought. Your help and advice makes it easier. Thanks a lot, and yeah if you could help me out with them parts that would be wicked. Shoot me an email, aftertouch98@hotmail.com

#59 · (Edited)
I have belltech on my 11 r/t and have 0 probs even cut the springs to make it lower and as far as my alignment its spot on the guys at butler tire are pros drives straight and steering wheel is straight and rides better then stock i have the spohn panhard bar and love it but think im going to be getting a tranny from l&m

As far as the shock bolt lol its easy just cut an open end wrench and that solves the problems

#64 ·
As far as the shock bolt lol its easy just cut an open end wrench and that solves the problems
I wish I had anything that could cut it, be it an angle grinder or a fricken torch lol I had to use a regular wrench length wise, and then a pair of vise grips wedge against the bed to keep it from slipping lmao I went and bought a set of crows feet after that debacle.

As for the OP's truck set up it looks great, and I'm debating putting a set of those RideTech spring on my truck. I like the idea that I could lower it more if I wanted for shows, corner balance the truck, and lift the back end more if I was going to be towing/hauling. You add that setup with a simple airbag on the axle and you would have a great tow rig.

#60 ·
Who is l&m? I can't find there contact info anywhere on the web. And I'm still rocking the factory panhard bar with no relocation bracket. This could be what is causing some of my headache. And also it has a severe death wobble a 170kmh<--- panhard bar maybe??

#62 ·
Who is l&m? I can't find there contact info anywhere on the web. ...
L&M Customs out of Delaware, small performance shop that has no website.

Mike (MGH is his member name) the Owner of L&M,
is the one who built the OP's (ironchef2011) 2012 R/T custom suspension and did his 6.4L Crate Motor swap.

He also re-builds enhanced boost-proof transmissions for 4G Rams
So far I think he's put almost a dozen of us on the road that are running Turbo's and Superchargers.

You wont find anything with Google, use the ramforumz seach engine ;)

MGH's Twin Turbo Build: http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=83155

Varoius transmission threads:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=141021

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=146929

I'm not sure his transmission builds are suited to NA applications though,
it would likely be overkill and his tuning that's included would need a revision for less HP/TQ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.