DODGE RAM FORUM banner

35's with 2.5 leveling kit

48K views 33 replies 29 participants last post by  Ramguy45 
#1 ·
so i hear mixed reviews on fitting 35x12.5's on a 2009 with a rough country 2.5" leveling kit. anyone have experience with this either good or bad? if so please help with any info possible

#3 ·
I'm running 33x12.50 on my 09 with just a leveling kit. I've got mixed reviews as well. However I'm running 12.50's and my buddy has a 2011 with a leveling kit and 35's that are 10.50's. So, logic says a 35x12.50 would fit and run fine.

I DO NOT rub with 33x12.50's, and I know his 35's fit and as far as I know they don't rub. It might be tight but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

#6 ·
You should be alright, but you will need to address offset, I'm running BFG 37x12.50x17's on mine, with a ready lift leveling kit, I have very minor rub at left turn lock, but I went from +19 offset (stock 20's) to -12 offset (new 17's) another 6mm of offset via spacer will cure any rub

#7 ·
At that combo, tire selection and its aggressiveness is the nail in the coffin as to determine its rubbing capabilities or not.

IMHO, the 35"/12.5"/20" combination looks amazing on leveled full-sized pickups ..... with the right tire selection. It's the combo I hope to be rolling in by the year's end.

Good luck brother.

#8 ·
so the verdict is in.. i went with a 17x9 ion alloy rim with a 4.5 inch backspacing wrapped in a bfg all terrain ko and i dont have any rubbing issues what so ever.. looks great fills the wheel well nice and plenty of clearance lock to lock up and down curbs all around. havent done any offroading yet but im confident it will not rub. thanks everyone for your input and pics will be taken as soon as i take her out to get muddy..

#10 ·
hemisport12 what wheels are those.... i really really like them lol

#14 ·
I'm running 35x12.50x17 BFG AT on my 2010. I had the Rough country 3.75 lift kit but recently dumped the 2.5 spacers in the front for the Ranco Quicklift Loaded Struts. The rough country spacers were causing all kinds of squeaks and loud deap squeaks when cold. When I got them out there was wear from metal on metal where the strut bolts to the spacer. I won't ever do them again!:doh:

#24 ·
No rubbing even with Grapplers!!

Just installed my 18x9 XD Addicts +18mm, with 35x12.5x18 Nitto Mud Grapplers on my 2013 Ram Sport w/ 2.5" RCX level kit and 1/4" wheel spacers and i couldn't be happier no rubbing anywhere!!!!!:smileup:

Attachments

#27 ·
I just ordered the RCX 2.5" spacer/1.75" body lift set-up. I'm currently running 35x12.5 on my '11 with 1/4" spacers up front and they fit perfect as it is right now. only rubbing i get is on the front upper control arm when im at full left or full right. hoping this kit will give it a nice little stance to it now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.