DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Rough Country Lift Setup Thread PICS

223K views 565 replies 134 participants last post by  ginandtonic 
#1 · (Edited)
I consistently see almost everyday a new thread of people asking for pictures of Rough Country Lifts on the 2009-2012 Rams with tire size, wheels, bilsteins etc. I know there are a lot of lift threads out there but it can be annoying having to search multiple threads to find a RCX lift on bilsteins. I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread with Rough Country Lifts. Hopefully this will help others wondering what size tires, bilsteins, etc to go with.

Please include:
Year/Model
Lift Size
Bilstein: Yes-Size/No
Body Lift: Yes-Size/No
Tire Size
Wheel Size
Pros/Cons
Any other suspension add-ons

#305 ·
Here my Rough Country 6 inch lift

2009 1500 crew, hemi, 3.92 gears

35x12.5x20 pro comp extreme AT
XD spy 797, -12 offset

so far everything is great. no issues. some decent vibrations at certain speeds but im going to get some miles on it before it worries me. No weird creeking, squeaking or anything like that. Really happy with the install

#309 ·
Here my Rough Country 6 inch lift

2009 1500 crew, hemi, 3.92 gears

35x12.5x20 pro comp extreme AT
XD spy 797, -12 offset

so far everything is great. no issues. some decent vibrations at certain speeds but im going to get some miles on it before it worries me. No weird creeking, squeaking or anything like that. Really happy with the install

Looks great! Nice choices!!

#321 ·
Retail is $1399 w/ free shipping, we are one of the only on line retailers that sell this kit w/ free shipping @ $1399, however for forum members we always hook you up but the prices are to low to make public if your interested shoot us an email or call us all of our info can be found in any of our signatures :)

If you have any other questions let me know.

thanks
Jeremiah

#324 ·
Just got this truck Saturday. Definite upgrade from my previous stock 02 ram 1500.
2012 1500 st hemi 4wd
Rough country 6in lift
No bilsteins
22in Fuel Maverick wheels chrome and black
Toyo open country MT 35x12.5r22
Not sure what to do next. Another body mod or some performance. Leaning to performance. What y'all think

Attachments

#325 ·
^^^^^^^^:smileup: NICE!!!!

#326 ·
Wow. That's sick. I assume you had the dealer throw all that stuff on for you? Two days surely isn't enough time..

#333 ·
Sorry for the delay on reply. Thanks for the props but they aren't mine. I actually bought the trick as you see it. Funny, it belonged to a guy that lived about five miles from me. I thought the truck looked familiar to me but I didn't recognize it at first...then it clicked when the dealer told me it was a local trade in. He put about 10k miles on it and traded it and another truck in for a Ford f250 for pulling a gooseneck tralier. His work was my gain but I can't say I would have done anything differently to this point.
I'm seriously feeling the 1500 u r rocking Low. That thing is sweet. My buddy at work got a 2013 completely blacked out and was lowering it with bilsteins......then he hit a deer. So things are delayed at the moment. But slick man. Just slick...

#338 ·
Looks awesome! What are the wheel specs and can you take some more pictures of them? Really like the set-up!

#342 ·
I would agree with this ^^^ I have for a long time never been a fan of chrome wheels, however on some of these greay and lighter colored RAMS they sure do look pretty damn good IMO, I myself might have to purchase my first set of chrome wheels ever when I finally break down and go and get a RAM again :)

#343 ·
The American Eagle Alloy 014's are 20X9 with +/- 0 offset (zero) black w/ machined finish. Nitto Trails are 35X12.5X20. The chrome RBP's are 20X9 but I don't remember the offset for those.

#347 ·
lift

Ok I've been looking at these pictures and am trying to figure out which lift to get. Definitely going RC, my buddy is a dealer. (COST). Anyway I really like the 6" with 35's. I will not go 37's because I pull a 36' camper and mileage sucks as it is. I'd go 4" but really rather have the spring lift than spacers in the back. Problem right now is I only have a leveling kit now with 295/70/18. Bought rims and tires a week after getting home from deployment. My new truck looked wimpy and they are $100 cheaper than the 35's. Not buying tires because mine are only a year old. PLEASE HELP point me in a direction.

#348 ·
Ok I've been looking at these pictures and am trying to figure out which lift to get. Definitely going RC, my buddy is a dealer. (COST). Anyway I really like the 6" with 35's. I will not go 37's because I pull a 36' camper and mileage sucks as it is. I'd go 4" but really rather have the spring lift than spacers in the back. Problem right now is I only have a leveling kit now with 295/70/18. Bought rims and tires a week after getting home from deployment. My new truck looked wimpy and they are $100 cheaper than the 35's. Not buying tires because mine are only a year old. PLEASE HELP point me in a direction.
Go 4" and get 3" rear lift springs. This way you can use your current tires until you can get 35's. A 6" lift will look silly with anything smaller than a 35" tall tire.

#351 ·
Going to be putting 37x13.50 toyo m/t with 18x10 American eagle 016s with a -24 mm offset on my 2009 ram 1500 with 6inch rough country lift with bilsteins set at 2.1 with a 1.25 rough country body lift. Anyone no how bad the wear will be on the balljoints and wheel bearings etc.? Or how long they are lasting for people running similar set up? Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.