DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Tow Report

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Dragonmaster13 
#1 ·
Picked upz my Dutchmen 261bhs last Thursday, loaded it up and went camping. Dry weight is 6843lbs, loaded 7400lbs. my trcuk is a crew cab with 3.55s. towed great, no issues, even on larger hills. 8.5 mpg nhand calculated, but I was pushing it hard into head wind both ways. Trailer is 32' tip to tail with a 28'box. would load pics, but left my camera in a camping chair and the trailer is in storage till next week.

#3 ·
Sweet. Get those pics posted up soon.

#6 ·
Nice to hear it towed great even with the 3.55. I have almost the exact same setup and can't wait for my camp trip next weekend.

I have 3.92 axle and tried pulling the trailer, it was great! Plenty of power and it felt like it would cruise all day long at 60 at about 1,800 rpm. Very impressed with towing. My trailer is like yours; 32' overall and 6,300 empty max is about 8,000.

#8 ·
Very sweet rig.

#10 ·
Congrats on a nice rig. I tow a 32' Coachman fifth wheel with my 1500 05 Ram. I figure its around 10,000 lbs loaded. Tows it very well. Now I'm glad I didn't buy a 2500.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.