DODGE RAM FORUM banner

RAM Sport Muffler

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  oldhp 
#1 ·
Just installed a RAM R/T, Sport muffler #52122529AC on my '12 Express.
Puuurrrfect!!1 Still whisper quiet in cab, no drone. But ROARS when stomped on. 2 times better than stock muffler.:smileup:

#3 ·
The 3" pipe goes in about 25", at the end it is capped with 60 1/2" holes that empty into back chamber where the two 2 1/4 pipes are. Yes you can see light at outlet pipes indirectly from the front pipe. I've had a guy in Express stop me already and ask what kind of muffler I had changed to. He was going to price the R/T muffler.
It sounds perfect for me. Loud when stomped on, slight growl when driving and best of all......NO interior resonance.

#9 ·
roo, I bought it off E-Bay for $100 shipping included. I priced them new and cheapest I found was $245. It sounds like a ol'bigblock Mopar musclecar. I like the way it sounds when slightly getting on it.....and Love it when WOT. And since its factory, NO DRONE. The gearhead in me secretly wanted it a little growlier, but no drone. That let out the Magnaflow's, too many people heard the dreaded drone. To me this muffler is perfect.

#10 ·
Maggies drone because people choose the wrong size...I've had zero drone for over 175k miles with the big 5 x 11 x 22 maggie which flows waay better than the ram muffler..the guys who want it loud will get drone because body is too small..

#12 ·
I'm always have to know...
I measured and poked and probed and looked with flashlight/troublelight and used a mirror and got all these measurements before I installed the Aggressive R/T muffler. Ya, I know..........
The inlet pipe is 3" which equals 7.065" sq. inches.
The 60 1/2" holes are .196 each X 60=11.76 sq. inches.
The two 2 1/4" are 3.974 sq. inches each, 7.948 sq. inches total.
So as far as open sq. inches, the inside of this muffler has plenty of it.
And there other small holes that connect to a resonance hole right off the inlet. They put some thought into this muffler for sure.
And I thought I wouldn't use math later in life.☺

#15 ·
Argh- I kindof hope they're not the same (Sport & R/T) as I cut mine open to have a look after removing it to install my 22" (5x11) Magnaflow.
(I ran out of cutting discs after this and just threw it out)

Attachments

#17 ·
That's it. No it's not straight thru, a lot less restrictive than the stock one.
Sport-R/T muffler part #52122529AB or AC.
Stock #55398327AF

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.