DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2013 ram 1500 LIFT help..

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  brandonjansen 
#1 ·
im thinking of lifting my truck its a ram 1500 sport 4x4 crew cab..

whats the biggest lift i could do. 6 inch rcx lift with blisteins or body lift ?

is body lift worth it ? what does it do compared to a suspension lift.

Any pics of lifted trucks 6" or bigger just to see what i like.

thanks for the help.

#2 ·
Biggest lift you could possibly do is 6" RCX, Bilsteins at 2.8" and a 3" body lift. Then obviously you'd need a rear coil spacer as well to level the truck back out. However I wouldn't recommend that set up... Max I'd go on the Bilsteins is 2.1". It will give you a better ride and be easier on front end parts.

I'm personally not a huge fan of body lifts... I'd never put one on my own truck. The only time I think they should be used is if you're maxed out on suspension and that's your only option. You're just asking for a lot of issues when installing a body lift.

You can find tons of pictures of lifted 1500's in the stickied threads in the lifting section. Just browse through there for a couple hours.

#4 ·
Alright im thinking toward the 6inch rcx 2.1 blistein and coil spacer for the back, and 37 toyo mts on 22 inch rims.

would this be a good setup my trucks 4x4 3.92 gears.

Also im from chilliwack bc and how would u think about tinting the front side windows and limoing the back windows. And plastidiping the rest of the chrome on the truck black, tinting the tailights and 3rd brake light.

thanks for the help

#3 ·
Yes, a suspension lift is better than just a body lift, but there isn't anything wrong with a body lift. The Rams, hide them very well, and the RCX 1.25 and Zone 1.5 actually make a great kit for the Ram. your not going to hurt anything with one of those.

#5 ·
Ya I think that would be a sick set up. You will probably still rub slightly with the 37x13.5 tires though but it will be fixable. With the 3.92's you'll feel a bit of a hit but the truck will still be very drivable.

How dark do you plan on going on the fronts? I know people who have done 35% and are getting away with it but there's a lot of guys that have been caught and ticketed for it too. It's a risk for sure... I plan on putting 35% on my truck at some point but I wouldn't go any darker.
Tinting the tails is the same thing... I had them on one of my cars and got pulled over for it and ordered to change them and get a full inspection done. So that's not worth the risk to me.
I'm personally not a fan of plastidipping bumpers... It just doesn't look right to me. But that's up to you. It's not like you can't peal it off if you don't like it.

#6 ·
alrights sounds good, would you reccomend 37s with 3.92 gears ? how would the driving be compared to stock and gas milage ? would a tuner help a bit ?

and i have a 2013 ram 1500 sport so no plastidiping the bumper just the grill inserts, hemi sign, and front rear ram logos. thinking of taking ram 1500 sign off and 4x4 off.

#7 ·
When you decide to lift your truck be sure to give us a chat, we ship to Canada on the regular w/ taxes and duties included, and can get you some KILLER forum discounts just shoot us an email to sales@bullysperformance.com mention you are a Z member and what you are looking for and we will get you taken care of :) we have supplied the lifts for many of the trucks here on the boards both in the US and CA and would be more than happy to get you hooked up as well.

Thanks
Jeremiah

#10 ·
The Bully Dog GT for Hemi Plus and Diablosport Trinity are the two I'd look at. Bully Dog is said to have better canned tunes, Diablosport has the option for custom tuning if you want to go that route. You can do a search on the forum and you'll find tons of information on the difference between the two and what the custom tuning will do for you. If you don't plan on getting into performance mods that much I'd probably stick with Bully Dog.

A 20x10 -24 offset with a 13.5 wide tire will stick out about 3.5". That would definitely be a wide stance. I'd be prepared to run pocket flares up if you get caught. I'd probably recommend sticking with a 20x10 -12 offset. You'll have less rubbing issues then too.

Not really. As long as it's lifted right with good parts it should be good to go.

They'll just ask you what it costs and for proof. Then you just go inside and pay the tax at the cashier. Super easy. I've been pulled in a few times and had a couple guards come check out the truck and question me but that's partially because I'm a 21 year old with a really expensive truck and am constantly buying parts for it. They're just doing their job. I've never had any hassle with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.