DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New guy to nitrous

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  HammerHead 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I know that this question has been asked a million times, but here goes. Pretty much a stock ram with the exceptions of a trinity 93 tune and exhaust work. Plan on a tb spacer and maybe headers soon. I want to run nitrous. Not to be a fool with it, but mainly to have when I want it, and the purge system is bad ass lol. So if anyone can link the thread or answer the question of if I can run nitrous without too many cons it would be nice. Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
Definitely go back to a stock or 87 tune since it won't have as much timing advance. When you plan to run the nitrous, switch tunes. Also colder plugs would be another must have. Other than that, get a complete kit, keep an eye on your bottle pressure, and don't run too big of jets and you'll be fine.

#8 ·
The throttle body spacers don't do jack for these trucks, but if you drill and tap the spacer for your nitrous nozzle then you can make it good for something. I personally would want the nitrous nozzle in front of my throttle body.

Running nitrous on a stock motor is fine, but you want to at least get a tuner that can remove your speed limiter or you'll hit 105 and the fuel will cut and you'll still be injecting nitrous and thats not good at all. So left off before you hit 105, or get the truck tuned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.