DODGE RAM FORUM banner

a ? for all you magnaflow fellas

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  2ndgenguy 
#1 ·
so I am going to be switching to magnaflow soon when I revamp my exhaust system. My question is to all you magnaflow enthusist, which size/shape muffler is the best as far as performance? As far as sound goes I would not mind at all a quite idle, and a bit of a roar when I step on it, but my main concern is the best performance. If its quite that is fine because along with the magnaflow ill be adding a DMH e-cutout, so it will be loud only when I want it to be :D thanks guys for any info

G
#2 ·
It really doesn't matter. My thought is the real difference in the can lengths is the sound, not the performance.

So pick it based on the sound and you'll get all the potential Magnaflow builds into their mufflers.

#3 ·
hey man long time we havent chatted lol. Im running the magnaflow 14" 4X9 oval. 2.5 in 2.5 out, and totally love it pretty quiet on idle, and sounds AWESOME when ur in the throttle, not sure what it changes performance wise though, but the truck does feel like it has a little more pep.

P.S. ever get that antenna to work

#4 ·
I'm using a 12619(6in round, 14"body, 3in in/out) with a 3in QTP e-cutout, it is dumped before the rear axle, also have the Mag y-pipe. This setup along with my BBK's turned out awesome, nice sound at idle and AWESOME when you get on it, nevermind with the cutout opened!!LOL It's pretty much the same muffler as their race one with the same dimensions but a different finish. Good luck.

#5 ·
alright thanks guys, so I'd assume that the shorter the muffler is in length the more sound it would make? longer=quieter?

and sc, started college so the antenna has kinda been pushed out of my mind, but thanks for reminding me lol I will try to get back to it and I'll let you know if I have any luck lol

#6 ·
ahh cool man, hope college is going well for you! and you are right shorter is louder, longer is a little quieter. Also what makes a diff in some performance is chambered vs straight through. magnaflow has a straight through design, flowmaster is chambered(so are stock) if you cant drop a golf ball through it dont buy it haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.