DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Retrofit 2011 Fogs and Headlights

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  BC18471 
#1 ·
Here is a sneak peak at my current project. I got spyders, then to my dismay, found out that they are not that good. So before even putting them in my truck, I ripped them apart and started upgrading.

[/URL][/IMG]

I am adding TRS XB halos to replace the CCFL's as the CCFL's are not nearly as bright. I also purchased the retroquick kit which will be going in soon.

Now the fogs were a different animal. As you probably know, you have to cut the housing in order for the projectors to fit.

[/URL][/IMG]

Now, I had help from someone, and what he did was cut a rigid cup and set it up so the projector threads though that and sits against the back of the housing...

[/URL][/IMG]

What this does is allow movement of the projector so I can align it. When I get the projector where I want it I can tighten the thread on the cup and then put some beads of JB Weld to hold it. Then I can remove the cup and give it a foll dose of JB weld to seal and hold it securely.

I will try to get more pics up as I progress. I am hoping to have the fogs done this weekend, but I am still waiting on the halos for the headlights.

See less See more
#2 ·
So far so good! I got Spyder heads as well and was impressed right up to the point when I actually turned them on and hit the road. Luckily, I put HID's in my fogs, so they make up for the lack of output from the heads.

Keep up the good work!

#4 ·
Thank you! I had to pull them out of the fogs to put the shrouds on only to find out I have to cut the shrouds to get them to fit. This has been quite a learning experience, but fun being able to put my own spin on all the lighting. I am also having a problem having the MH1's seat in the headlights without having some movement...

#6 ·
Yes, I haven't had a chance to check the rotation, but obviously this the retroquick kit allows fir up and down adjustment. It was a very snug fit so I am hoping that the rotation is spot on.

I just verified that I did get the mini gats, but they are hitting the top of the fog housing. I am going to have to notch the top of the shroud to get it to fit, but it will fill up th housing perfectly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.