DODGE RAM FORUM banner

OEM Projector Lamps

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Graygoose 
#1 ·
Hello All:

I am new to the site and looking to do an upgrade on my 2010 ram quad headlamps. I know a lot of people have done the HID retrofit but I wanted to hear from those who did the upgrade to the 2013 OEM projectors.

Was the upgrade to the projectors worth it? Also, did you stick with the halogen lamps in them or change them out to HID?

I appreciate the responses.

#8 ·
Alright alright I will blow you away.... with pictures!

I started with just upgrading to the OEM 13 projector headlights on my 09. Then I did HID's... then I did an HID retrofit.

I will let the pictures/video do the talking.. any other questions just ask I have answers.

Halogen:

Left HID, Right Halogen:

5K 55W HID:

Both HID 55W 5K HID:

Retrofit Complete:

Headlight Cutoff/Outputs:

The shot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlLbf7CbwPc

#9 ·
Arth....amazing pictures. Thanks for the info. I hate to spend a lot of money but the '13 projector lamps look amazing and with the HID the light output is amazing. I cringe spending the money now but I am sure once the lights are in I will feel it was well worth it.

Very sharp truck by the way!!!

#10 ·
Shoot. If this buyer falls through you can buy my set that are already retrofitted for $950 shipped.

Yeah it's a lot of money but it's a lot more money I spent that you wouldn't have to.

If you didn't notice from the pictures I also have projector fog lights that will be going up for sale soon... if you are interested. Those will be a lot cheaper and yes they include 5k 55W HIDs.

#12 ·
No I got them right out of the box form JJ, I did install brighter fogs, which I use everyday, so that helps. The light output to me, is much better with these over the dual factories.
I dont do a ton of driving (12k miles in 2 years) so I didnt see the need right now for HID's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.