DODGE RAM FORUM banner

need louder

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Gecko 
#1 ·
I have a dod18m on my truck right now and I also removed the res on the tail pipes. But I want the truck a little louder. I don't want to go straight pipe. Do you guys have any opinions on what I can do? Think of a flow master 40 or 44.

#3 ·
flowmaster 40s for the win!!!

#5 ·
#6 ·
No muffler setup isn't crazy loud, but it does sound mean as shit (don't know if resonaters were deleted or not). Just remember, a FM muffler isn't going to perform as good as a straight-thru design. If you're strictly after sound then go for it, otherwise I'd go muffler-delete or cutouts.

#8 ·
No resonators here:smileup:
But most my sound came after the long tube headers:SHOCKED:

#9 ·
the tone picks up a lot after I hit 3k in the rpm range, its starts a lil around 2300 and just goes up from there. eventually I plan on swapping out the flowies for a magnaflow (I hear they are less restrictive than the flowies) and I plan of doing an x pipe after the cats and running true duals instead of how its ran now, dual cats to y pipe to single muffler, to dual pipes out. Best of luck in your hunt for noise!

#12 ·
I would guess the intake will make a slight difference in the exhaust tone but probably not make it very noticeably louder. As others have said, you could swap to a Flowmaster or no muffler, however, I would seriously consider a cutout. It's not going to cost much more than another muffler swap and you have the choice to run however you want....slightly louder than stock or much louder than stock.

#13 ·
Depends on the intake.. The K&N makes a good bit of noise. It's probably the loudest of the current aft. options. I don't know how long you have had that 18" muffler on there, but it will slowly get louder overtime. Mine is about 5 months old, it's def. louder than it was originally.

#14 ·
I put flow master american thunder series CB I got off summit racing a few years back and Ive been grinnin ear to ear ever since. After I added a fab'd CAI not only did I notice a huge change in performance but the sound was cleaner. Just get a cat back and see where u wanna go from there. Its legal, loud, and chicks dig a big tail pipe lol! But I do understand the addiction for loud trucks. My exhaust exits out pass side before the rear wheels...lol.:smiley_thumbs_up:

#16 ·
Having been through about three different exhausts in the last couple of years between my 4.7L and my current Hemi truck I can say the 14" is noticeably louder than the 18". However, neither Magnaflow was as loud as the Flowmaster Super 44 I had on the 4.7L truck. I still say a cutout is the way to go if you want loud.

#17 ·
flows for the loud inside and outside the cab...been there, done that with side exits before rear passenger wheel...then I wanted muscular sound and dumped that for maggies...and also cutouts for when the urge for obnoxious is warranted..

#20 ·
A Maggie muffler is gonna run you about $100 just for the muffler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.