DODGE RAM FORUM banner

RC Level, XD rims,35" Toyo MT's, Short Review & PICTURES!

40K views 69 replies 26 participants last post by  KyleBurgess 
#1 · (Edited)
I posted plenty of pictures for you all to enjoy!

The level/lift:

After weeks of back and fourth and HOURS of cruising this awesome forum I finally decided to level my beloved 2010 Mango Tango 4X4 Quad Cab Sport with a Rough Country FR/RR kit. I installed a 2.5” spacer in the front and a 1.75” coil spacer in the rear. I chose this set up because I use my truck as a truck. I hunt with it, fish with it and every spring I drive off into the mountains and pretend I’m a lumber jack (and I’m ok♪) and get all of my firewood for the winter. I didn’t want to have my nose to high up in the air when there is 1000lbs+ of wood in the back, so I’m hoping the little bit of lift in the rear will help with that.

The Wheels:

Again, after spending HOURS on this forum drooling over all of your gorgeous trucks I decided that I wanted to do something a little different and run a wheel that I haven’t seen yet. I knew that I wanted a 0 offset to avoid any rubbing and I also decided to drop my stock 20’s and run a 17” rim since tires are WAY cheaper and I like the extra cushion on logging roads. The wheels I chose are the XD series Crank with the Matte/Machined finish. I have to say that the pictures don’t do this rim justice. It looks terrible on the internet but in person, wrapped in a mud terrain tire it made me excited in my swim suit area. In person it looks bad a$$ and my wife describes it as “mean” so mission accomplished!

The Tires:

Another reason I wanted to run a leveling kit was to clear 35” tires. I decided to run Toyo M/T’s in 35x12.5x17. A big thank you to Grubrunner for his excellent review of this tire and everyone else who posted great information on this thread. http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=134289 for those thinking of bilsteins and Toyo’s do yourself a favor and read his thread… Hope you don’t mind me posting it ;)

The verdict:

I couldn’t be happier with my set up. I have zero rubbing and had to do zero trimming and I also have zero vibrations. The Tires stick out about 1.5 inches from the fender well which is exactly the look I was going for. I love a wide stance and a meaty tire on a truck and that is exactly what I got. The best part about the setup is people think I lifted the truck, when you install a rear coil spacer it really changes the look and I find that the 35’s don’t look “stuffed.”

I wish I would have taken some before and after measurements for you guys but it completely slipped my mind. The ride is a bit harsher, but I’m not sure if that’s because I’m finally running a real LT rated tire or because of the leveling kit… personally I think it’s a combination of both, but don’t let this deter you.

Enjoy!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks! It's the color that sold the truck. I had no intentions of buying a truck that day until I walked though the dealership and saw this one in Mango... we shared a glance and a joy ride and the rest is history.

#4 ·
hahah. Any future mods planned? I was going to get 35x12.50s soon but i didn't want any rubbing so i'm going to wait and get them when i purchase my 6" lift this summer :)

#7 ·
Your truck will look awsome :smileup: i was thinking of headers myself too but I'm still unsure. I'll definitely post pics when everything is done!

#15 ·
Hey Fast, where abouts are you guys located? I noticed you're from Toronto and there is a possibility that I might be moving back home to Niagara, if we do I'd love to drop in and check out your store in person and pick up a few things.

#17 ·
Hey Fast, where abouts are you guys located? I noticed you're from Toronto and there is a possibility that I might be moving back home to Niagara, if we do I'd love to drop in and check out your store in person and pick up a few things.
Sweet!
Move back here ASAP!
We have meets here quite often and they are growing.
Last one was in Niagara and we had 16-18 rams

As for Discount Auto Performance, we are a vendor online here on the Z.
We presently do not have a store front which allows us to pass the savings onto all the members.

Let me know if and when you need anything.
Feel free to txt me as well

#14 ·
You did a hell of a job on a great looking colored truck!

Congratulations.

Truly well done!

Safe driving.

#21 ·
Yeah Buddy looks good and I love the color!

#31 ·
Thanks! That was my issue with just the front spacers... it looks great but if you use your truck as a truck you will run into issues when you over load the bed of your rig, the rear coil spacers should definitely help. I'm also thinking about getting an airlift 1000... just in case.

But I'll warn you, It's addictive once you start you cant stop!!! This forum is definitely expensive! :LOL:

#35 ·
Hey Brandon,

Thanks for the info on the airlifts, I might be moving across the country in the upcoming months and will be hauling a loaded trailer around 4200KMS. If we move, it will be the first thing I buy.

#40 ·
Hey another member from PG! Your truck looks great man. I'm pretty sure I've seen your truck around town too. Not too many mango trucks around here so you kinda stick out.. haha!

#46 ·
Hey Mango--great post. I think I have looked at the specs on your rims and tires a dozen times. Couple of questions for you that I have not seen addressed before:

- What is the difference in your power and fuel mileage? Is it discernable? Do the tires and rims weigh significantly more?

- Rubbing: I see you mentioned that you have no rubbing and no offset. Do think you can achieve that with a different wheel and tire--if they are the same size? or....is this a case where the tires might be a bit smaller?

Great looking rig! In the spring I am looking to do something like your set up, or simply get some larger tires and a level or Bilstiens. Thanks again!

#47 ·
Hey, sorry for the late response! Its hunting season!!!

Any way there is a noticeable difference in power and fuel millage... I don't track it as scientifically as others do... I just noticed that I go about 30-35Km shorter per tank after making the 5% correction. Also she doesn't accelerate as quickly because of the additional weight (which is quite a lot I haven't weighed them but id say at least 30lbs per wheel) which is pretty significant however the offload performance is totally worth it! I never get stuck or worry about sidewall cuts... and I'm out in the bush quite a bit. If your truck is going to be a highway queen I would recommend a different tire, an AT.

Regarding offset the stock offset is +19mm and I have 0mm offset. So in affect I pushed my rims out (toward the fender) 19mm from the stock location in order to compensate for the additional width and height of my tires.

If you are looking at a different set-up anything is possible, just start a thread or ask questions with the specs of the equipment your looking at running and other members will do there best to assist you. However as a general rule if you want to fit 35" tires you need a leveling kit and a 0 or -12 offset to avoid rubbing.

Hope this helps!

#53 ·
Hey Fast, Sorry I didn't catch this message on this thread about the canopy. Since the creation of the leveling section I don't go to the lift section as often anymore since I can't really help anyone out. But I will take some pics for you if you like. Also check out this thread with Gossamer, he and I started talking about it and I gave him tips on how I installed and improved mine.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=164110

#50 ·
Looks great! Awesome read.

I also love my toyo m/t's. Much quieter then I thought they would be. Andrew really convinced me on these saying that they are one of the quietest m/t's on the market. I rode in a jeep with my buddy who has mickey thompson MTZ and man are they loud... much more so then the toyo's.

So when mango says its noticable, but not crazy, hes spot on. Windows up, 110km on the highway, can just notice it (that along with the magnaflow) But cabin noise is minimal, and can keep a convo with anyone else you may have in the truck.

#55 ·
Hey, I made them myself.

When I purchased my truck they came with the mudflaps and advertising for the dealer. So what I did was take the aluminum plate off the mud flap by drilling out the rivets (you can use any small piece of thin aluminum plate) drill 4 1/4 inch holes in the aluminum in each corner and sand the face of the aluminum with very fine grit paper to make it shine, or to get rid of the paint currently on the aluminum. Buy some stickers (in my case browning) and stick them on. Then I bought some clear coat wheel paint and gave it 4 coats per side. Waxed it the next day and then attached them to my mudflaps using 1/4 inch stainless bolts and nylon nuts for a tough look.

super easy, takes a day and when you're done you can say you made them. good luck:smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.