DODGE RAM FORUM banner

RC Level, XD rims,35" Toyo MT's, Short Review & PICTURES!

40K views 69 replies 26 participants last post by  KyleBurgess 
#1 · (Edited)
I posted plenty of pictures for you all to enjoy!

The level/lift:

After weeks of back and fourth and HOURS of cruising this awesome forum I finally decided to level my beloved 2010 Mango Tango 4X4 Quad Cab Sport with a Rough Country FR/RR kit. I installed a 2.5” spacer in the front and a 1.75” coil spacer in the rear. I chose this set up because I use my truck as a truck. I hunt with it, fish with it and every spring I drive off into the mountains and pretend I’m a lumber jack (and I’m ok♪) and get all of my firewood for the winter. I didn’t want to have my nose to high up in the air when there is 1000lbs+ of wood in the back, so I’m hoping the little bit of lift in the rear will help with that.

The Wheels:

Again, after spending HOURS on this forum drooling over all of your gorgeous trucks I decided that I wanted to do something a little different and run a wheel that I haven’t seen yet. I knew that I wanted a 0 offset to avoid any rubbing and I also decided to drop my stock 20’s and run a 17” rim since tires are WAY cheaper and I like the extra cushion on logging roads. The wheels I chose are the XD series Crank with the Matte/Machined finish. I have to say that the pictures don’t do this rim justice. It looks terrible on the internet but in person, wrapped in a mud terrain tire it made me excited in my swim suit area. In person it looks bad a$$ and my wife describes it as “mean” so mission accomplished!

The Tires:

Another reason I wanted to run a leveling kit was to clear 35” tires. I decided to run Toyo M/T’s in 35x12.5x17. A big thank you to Grubrunner for his excellent review of this tire and everyone else who posted great information on this thread. http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=134289 for those thinking of bilsteins and Toyo’s do yourself a favor and read his thread… Hope you don’t mind me posting it ;)

The verdict:

I couldn’t be happier with my set up. I have zero rubbing and had to do zero trimming and I also have zero vibrations. The Tires stick out about 1.5 inches from the fender well which is exactly the look I was going for. I love a wide stance and a meaty tire on a truck and that is exactly what I got. The best part about the setup is people think I lifted the truck, when you install a rear coil spacer it really changes the look and I find that the 35’s don’t look “stuffed.”

I wish I would have taken some before and after measurements for you guys but it completely slipped my mind. The ride is a bit harsher, but I’m not sure if that’s because I’m finally running a real LT rated tire or because of the leveling kit… personally I think it’s a combination of both, but don’t let this deter you.

Enjoy!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#57 ·
Not Yet, Work has been crazy and we've been having temps between the -10 & -20's so I've been sissing out and haven't taken the pictures with the roof rack on, off and moved around in different positions yet... Since my truck doesn't fit in the garage with the rack on. But I haven't forgotten about it yet!

#62 ·
It's funny, before I took possesion of my truck I told the salesman that I wanted him to remove all the dealer stickers from the truck. They took off the rear sticker and the I told them to keep the dealer license plate cover but I totally overlooked the mudflap logos.

I know what I'll be doing this weekend now.. thanks. :)

#70 ·
Wheels

Hello, I have been trolling forums and the net for awhile trying to decide on wheels and tires. I found a few of your posts that are really helpful and love the look of your truck. I'm installing the bilsteins hoping to only go 2.1 but might go all the way and probably .75-1" spacers in rear. My truck is stock with 20x9" and looking to run 18x8.5" with 10mm offset with discover STT Pros (34.5x12"). I'm nervous about rub of course but mostly concerned if I will have any issues with the rim and the knuckle. What width are your 17" 0mm offsets? Would you be able to post photos from the other side of the tire? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
Kyle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.