DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Splurged a little! :)

3K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Bigred74 
#1 ·
Well got payed this week so i decided to buy some mods for the truck. First was i found out that the company that made my body lift finally came out with a rear bumper bracket to lift it up 3'' so i had to order that cause im so tired of looking at my bumper hangin down lol

Second was i ordered new N-Fab side steps cause i dont like how mine hang down(also cause of the damn body lift lol) Then i ordered the S&B cold air intake that everybody on this site speaks so highly of :smileup:

Fourth and last item was a superchips 3865 tuner. Found it used online for $110 so decided to give it a try since i hear good things and since a new one was way out of my price range.

Now for the question... for those of you that run with the superchips programmer, which tune do you run/ which works best for all around performance? any tips on what settings to use would be greatly appreciated
like what shift points and rev limiter u use please
thanks guys!!

il post pics once i get the items! :smileup:

See less See more
#3 ·
well got the bumper bracket on and it looks good! still workin on puttin the intake in...maybe this weekend

reprogrammed the truck with the superchips tuner but it wont allow me to change my tire size like advertised?? any thoughts?

#4 ·
Wish I could help you, but I didn't have a Superchips. What's it saying?

You think the intake will fit with the body lift?

#5 ·
says "unable to adjust tire height. No ABS Module present on vehicle." called superchips and they said it means i have something wrong with my module... went to dodge dealership and they said not a thing is wrong with it if my abs light is not on which it isnt... so now i dont know what to do... correcting my speedometer was one of the main reasons i bought the thing

#6 ·
and just remembered i didnt answer your other question lol i think it will work with the body lift... me and some friends heated up the tube and i bent it back a bit to make up for the angle difference and it went on the truck fine. now i just gotta take some measurements and make sure it didnt make it to long cause the tube goes into the air box a good ways. il keep ya updated on it and take some pics

#7 ·
dont know if anybody is following this or not but heres some pics :smileup:
rear bumper before bracket:

After the new bracket: (left side still needs to come up abit but it started to rain on me)

old steps:

new n-fabs:

should have the s&b on sometime this week ordered a 52mm TB to go with it :)

#11 ·
thanks guys!! ya im loving how nothing is hanging down now.. its finally all corrected and like how the steps slide perfectly right over my exhaust tips

got a 52mm throttle body and s&b cold air intake layin on my couch right now so need to work on gettin those on the truck next! :smileup:

gonna be ordering some new rotors and brakes soon too. any thoughts on which brand to go with or which ones to stay away from??

prolly gonna ask for red and black seat covers for christmas too so that will clean up the inside a bit :)

#13 ·
Thanks!! ive been looking at power stop brake kit on autoanything.com wonder how good they are cause i can get 15% off thru them

#16 ·
on the 3865 did you try updating it on the computer? sound like the software needs a kick.

#18 ·
Ya they told me it had never been updated so i hooked it up and updated it but still same results. any ideas? :4-dontknow:

Really diggin it man!! Keep up the good work!!
Thanks man!! appreciate it! :smileup:

#19 ·
just ordered my powerstop brake kit from autoanything!! have it sometime next week!

#20 ·
new pics!!
old brakes and rotors vs. new:

S&B cold air intake! :smileup:

oh and also replaced my end links... as you can see the old ones were bent and shot...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.