DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2WD Wheel and tire question

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  EXPRESS25C 
#1 ·
Hi, everyone i have a little dilemma pertaining to tires and a lift. I have a 2013 2wd V8 Express and purchased 20x9 Fuel Octanes with 1mm offset and looking to lift it with the CST 4" lift. My issue is, can i go with 35" tires or will they rub? I have called CST and they reccomend 33's and several local offroad shops that specialize in lifts have said the same thing and reccomended 295 or 285 tires. Will 33" tires look small on my truck with that size lift? Any pics with this lift and tires would also greatly be appreciated.

#2 ·
Stock tires are 33's aren't they? If you go wider maybe they will fill the fenders out better for a wider stance.

Why lift a 2wd truck and not get a 4wd? Just curious because in the mud it will still get stuck.

#3 ·
you should easily be able to fit 35s. you could fit 35s with just a level, let alone a 4" lift.

it's really the WIDTH that you have to worry about. but you should be fine

now with the 1mm offset. if you get a tire like nitto or toyo that run wide, like over 13" you might rub a bit. but if you get a tire that runs smaller than 12.5" then i think you'll be just fine

#8 ·
Express25c...that is a nice looking truck. Do you have full pics of the truck and are those Nitto tires? I was told that on a 4' lift 295/60/20 would be the equivalent of running 34's. I was thinking about just going the full 35/12.5/20 with the Atturo Brand tires. Hopefully they wont rub.

#9 ·
Thanks. Yup, they are Nitto Trail Grapplers, love them. It gives the ole 2wd a more rugged look. There are some more pics in my profile's photo album. The tires I am running now are 34.45" D x 12.13" W. I am planning on getting the 295/65/20's when the current ones wear out, the 65's are about an inch taller but the same width, will put more tire in the wheel well and raise her up a bit. Good luck with your purchase and set-up, it's always fun but nerve racking at the same time when getting new wheels/tires!:SHOCKED:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.